• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Billed By landlords after 5 years section 20b

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billed By landlords after 5 years section 20b

Hello fellow members,

I recently received a bill from the landlords who own the block in which I lease a flat for works to the external electrical supply that were carried out in October 2012 for £6000 showing no breakdown of costs but simply one line item.

They claim the works were carried in March 2013 for which I should have received a section 20b notice on 20th March 2014 - which I have no recollection of. All I remember is that I had to make adjustments to the internal electrics due to work being carried out in the block for which I have managed to dig out an email dated 5th October 2012.

I have asked for a full breakdown of works and a copy of the section 20b notice and suspect they will claim that they were not billed for the works until 20th March 2014.

This will not be the first time they have handled an administrative matter in a lacklustre fashion.

Is there any way that I can verify when they were actually billed and authenticate the copy of the section 20b notice they claim to have sent me?

I would like to contest that even if the section 20b notice was sent on the said date it was 18 months and 15 days after I was told that I could connect my supply, at which point the works must have been complete.

Any views on this or similar matters would be very much appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X