• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Error From Prosecution During Sentence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error From Prosecution During Sentence

Hopefully a solicitor is on here, but during my sentencing the Sheriff asked the prosecution speaker when did he plead guilty and the prosecution speaker was very nervous shifting through her papers and said the paperwork doesn't say so the Sheriff didn't know and based my sentence on not knowing when I pleaded guilty. Could this be used as an appeal against a conviction is this a vital bit of information that is missing.
    Tags: None

If you pleaded guilty , how do you think you can appeal against your conviction?

An early guilty plea should be taken into account when sentencing, but for appealing a sentence see here: https://www.mygov.scot/appeal-sentence-conviction/

Comment

Well, how can they take WHEN (date) of the guilty was taken into account when they don't know? They skipped imo very important information that could of made a difference of me going to jail for 2 years or not. I would of imagined if they didn't have that information the case would of been adjourned to a later date but they skipped it and the judge looked very confused during my trial and just gave a verdict.

Comment

The judge could have adjourned sentencing, but possibly gave you the benefit of an early guilty plea rather than draw the matter out.
        If the maximum sentence was 2 years inside, but you are still free to walk the streets, it wouldn't appear to be a harsh sentence.

Comment

It was a late guilty plea so I guess it worked in my favour then? However, isn't that a huge fundamental flaw in the system. I can't imagine a sheriff not knowing when someone pleaded guilty date. I've heard court cases dismissed because the CCTV camera showed crystal clear pictures however the date and time was not shown a date timestamp so the whole case got dismissed.

Comment

That's life, some you win, some you lose!.

Comment

yeah life's a game you need to play to win that's what I have learned the hard way.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X