• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

harassment and threats of violence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• harassment and threats of violence

Hello
    my daughter has just started a new business operating from home and mobile as a micropigmentation practitioner she has a lot of experience and numerous very happy clients.

A lady stopped one of these clients and asked her where she had this treatment carried out as she was so impressed with the results. This is how the woman came to be referred to my daughter.

the pre consultation went well although the woman appeared extremely on edge, my daughter misinterpreted this anxiety as fear regarding what can be an uncomfortable treatment (similar to a tattoo) The client went on to explain that she was in a very toxic relationship and that her partner was extremely cruel to her as well as not letting her out on her own ever..he prevents her from working, shopping in fact anywhere.

She then told my daughter he was sitting in his car outside my daughter's home waiting for her. It was explained that treatment would probably take a minimum of 2 hours but the client begged my daughter to proceed. Within a very short time other issues became apparent e.g. very low pain threshold and a phobic like reaction to her eyebrow area being touched (eyebrows were the treatment site!)

my daughter kept explaining that if the client couldn't stay still treatment would have to be stopped but the client again asked repeatedly for the treatment to continue. after 50 minutes the client shot off the treatment bed and said she would have to leave.

She asked if she could continue treatment on another day but her return visit was even worse and again she aborted treatment. Obviously the end results were less than perfect. hourly calls texts and fb messages then started demanding her money back ( my daughter is already out of pocket having given 2 appointments instead of one. But the client started blaming the quality of the work.

My daughter refused and the woman and her partner have begun a hate campaign using Facebook they made repeated texts and threatening vile calls telling my daughter they would destroy her business and have her beaten up etc. please help as the police seem powerless other than giving a crime number and a visit to the client they did get her to sign a non harassment order but they have now incited hundreds of people via Facebook to harass and destroy my daughter yesturday another distraught woman called my daughter having been messaged via a fake fb page posing as my daughter telling in detail of a sexual affair between her husband and my daughter!

Any advice ? please help what can we do we
    Tags: None

Contact Facebook and complain to them.

Comment

Thanks contacting fb is easier said than done we have tried but other than their on page reporting there is no way of actually emailing or speaking to a person so the only way is to report each and every post or fake fb page we come across but last night another indignant caller alerted us to yet another fake fb account. as fast as we report what we come across other postings/ fake pages are posted and the being shared. the biggest issue is inbox messages being sent to unsuspecting people from fake profiles posing as my daughter it's literally full time job and her business profile is her main source of clients and advertising
      thanks for your interest and advice.

Comment

I think another call to the police and unfortunately an appointment with a solicitor and get them to write a cease and desist letter to the couple.

Comment

just an update the online abuse and intentional attack upon my daughter's business is still continuing the police visited this woman and presented her with a non harassment order which has stopped the direct phone calls and texts etc but has done nothing to tackle the online abuse the police say although they have no doubt she is behind it all there is nothing more they can do. then this week my daughter received a letter from a no win no fee solicitor containing no detail other than saying they represent this woman and demanding insurance details within 7 days.

Comment

Online abuse is a misuse of the Telecommunications Act 1984 and should be acted upon by the Police. Call them back and tell them this.

Comment

http://report-it.org.uk/organisations_that_can_help fill out the form and if you can screen print the bullying on Facebook that will strengthen your case as its ongoing.

Comment

The latest is that this woman who aborted treatment has now gone to a no win no fee firm and is claiming personal injury.

Comment

Make sure you keep all the evidence of this campaign. Has your daughter access to any legal advice through her Public Liability insurance? I should begin by taking Captain Haddock's advice and contact the police again
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malici...tions_Act_1988

Comment

Thanks Jimmy
                    The whole experience has been so threatening she has ceased trading for now and has removed herself from social media altogether. She has kept evidence of everything but the police appear either unable or unwilling to assist saying it's a civil matter as if the threats dont carry the dame weight because they are cyber.
                    Thanks again though Bettercallsaul

Comment

Sorry to hear that Hamdam. I'm sure the police have misinformed you, they're very quick to act when MPs receive death threats via Twitter etc; The Prevention of Harassment Act, Stalking etc;
                      I'm a bit puzzled how you know my first name, I cannot see it on my profile, was it a guess? Best wishes.

Comment

sorry Jimmy it's been so long since I've been on here yet another minor drama with my daughter brought me back and I saw your response to my last post . You are absolutly right Im sure but perhaps the police really don't think we are all equal under the law, or at least their budgets don't allow them to act as if we are.

Sorry if I broke your cover but I'd Jimmy really is your name it's not much of a leap .. better call Saul. .or were you being sarcastic ? hard to tell via text !

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X