• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Shop Direct not providing any data under DSAR.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop Direct not providing any data under DSAR.

Hi guys, it's me again.

I'm struggling with Shop direct at the moment as they are not providing my with the data requested under DSAR. It's been well over 40 days and 2 requests have been sent. Spent over £20 in fee's and every time I contact them all i tend to get is "we will call you".

Apparently the HR/Data processing unit is not accessable to the public telecom.

I'm getting nowhere with these guys and they've taken my money and gave me nothing in return.

What do I do?
    Tags: None

Time to complain to the ICO I reckon, depends if your second request was a complaint about your first request not being complied with - not sure why you made a second and paid a further £10 if they hadn't complied with the first ?

This is next steps from the ICO

What can I do if the organisation does not respond?

If more than 40 calendar days have passed since you made your request, we advise you write to the organisation to remind them of your request and their obligations under the Data Protection Act. We recommend you send any correspondence by recorded delivery.
    Here is a template letter you may use:
    [Your full address]
    [Phone number]
    [The date]

[Name and address of the organisation]
    Dear Sir or Madam
    Non response to a subject access request
    I am writing further to my letter of [date] in which I made a subject access request, because I have not received any response from your organisation.
    As the statutory time limit for responding to my subject access request (40 days) has now expired, I would be grateful if you could provide a response as soon as possible.
    If I do not receive a response from your organisation within 14 days, I will report this matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
    You can find advice on the ICO’s website on how to deal with a subject access request [ico.org.uk/sar] and information on their powers and the action they can take [ico.org.uk/action] or call them on 0303 123 1113.
    *If there is anything you would like to discuss, please contact me on the following [telephone number].
    Yours faithfully
    [Signature]
    *optional
    Further ReadingIf you do not receive a response to this letter, please report your concern to us.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The circumstances had changed and the DSAR wasnt relevant but in my ignorence the circumstances wernt in my favour so I've had to reapply with the same DSAR.

Comment

Okay, if the second SAR was valid then you should send that chaser letter I've posted about regarding that second SAR, and if you get nothing back make a complaint to the ICO.

Is this subject to court proceedings atm or anything or you just generally finding out what data they have ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yes I have a stayed claim with Restons.

I will post that letter asap.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X