• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Legal advice regarding car insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal advice regarding car insurance

A claim has been made against me from last year - my insurance company failed to email or telephone me to say that a claim had been made against me. 6 months later when I called the insurance company regarding a separate issue they tell me a claim was made against me 6 months previous which I was unaware of. I was not involved in the alleged accident which was marking a parked car and a third party noting my license plate down and colour of vehicle - however I had some disputes with my neighbours so I think someone filed a fake claim against me. anyway the insurance company reassured me and said someone would be out to assess my car and take photos of the nil damage on my car. No-one from the insurance company came to take photos. They're now saying because they didn't hear from me they paid this other person £597 on my behalf for damages it is outrageous. what can I do my new insurance company are saying they will increase my premiums and I have to pay £400 and the insurance company are also trying to claim the £597 back please advise urgently. thank you in advance
    Tags: None

Hi and welcome

A rum situation.

Obvious questions that come straight to mind:

How did the claimant discover who were your insurers?
    Why did your insurers accept a claim from a third party without contacting you, their insured?
    Do you know the identity of the claimant?
    If your insurers accepted the third party claim as genuine, and paid out on it, why are they trying to recoup their payment from you?

Have you received any of this information in writing (letter or email) or is it all verbal?

Can you name your insurers ... it may help others avoid them, and they may have a record of this sort of slapdash procedure.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X