• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Land enquiry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land enquiry

I have "rented" a field from a "friend" for past 7 years. I have paid a nominal fee sporadically as had different "deals", through ponies, my "friend" being my carer and receiving full allowance for nearly 3 years etc. I have maintained the land by clearing of weeds, harrowing, fencing and made a hard standing area as well as building 9 stables and placing a 20ft container on site. My friends mother was the one who I agreed the specifics with me and has since died. There has been no written agreements in place. My friend has now asked me to vacate the land asap as she wishes to sell the farm and needs "vacant possession" however refuses to sell the field to me (she has 30 odd other acreage as well as farmhouse and steading, my field is across an "A" road from the rest of the farm. I also personally organised Network Rail replace the boundary fence which had neefed renewed prior to my horses being put on the land but didn't get fixed until a few years after. At no time during the time I have been on the land, has my friend maintained any part and still refuses to fix the fence between the field and the "A" road which is unsafe. Obviously finding somewhere suitable for my ponies as well as pulling down all buildings is not something that will be easy to do. Do I have any grounds to dictate when I would be able to move?
    Thank you in advance.
    Tags: None

Hi NICLOU42
    I understood that where animals are concerned that the landowner had to give you time to find somewhere suitablr on animal welfare grounds, but I'm sure one of the more knowledgeable Beagles will be along shortly to advise you. I'm sure they will able to advise you if you have any rights to try and buy the land also.
    Good luck xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X