• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI company payment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI company payment

Hi , I'm looking for some advice please.
    I agreed to let a PPI company look into getting me back some money from the bank. And sure enough I was awarded a pay out. There were 8 cases in total and the PPI company invoiced me for all 8 and I paid them there fees and there vat. They issued me a receipt in the post and as far as I was concerned my dealings with them were done.
    a few week later the bank sent me a letter and said there was another payment due, almost 2 grand. Within2 days the PPI company were back on asking for a cut. Do I need to pay them? I'd paid what they asked for originally?
    Tags: None

Hiya

Originally posted by MrCarrington View Post
    Do I need to pay them? I'd paid what they asked for originally?
    It may depend on why the bank made the further payment, ie whether it was the result of miscalculating a previous payment or for a claim the CMC you used hadn't made etc.

It would be helpful if you could explain the basis the bank based the payment on.

Also it may depend on the CMC's terms & conditions as to when the contract concludes, so can you tell me what company it was?

The Claims Management Regulator issued a bulletin to CMC's which provides some guidance on on 'Additional Payments' - see page 2 attached.

If we can establish the above it may be best for you to issue a complaint to the CMC and then take it to the Legal Ombudsman if you need to.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the reply, the cmc is Goldman Smith. The extra payment was for a credit card from the late 90's, it must of been overlooked. I checked the contract I signed and it doesn't mention credit card , it just says product. They must have put a generic compliant in and the bank dragged their heels. All the way through the process there were 8 cases , this was a 9th, after I'd settled up with them on the 8.

Comment

Originally posted by MrCarrington View Post
        I checked the contract I signed and it doesn't mention credit card , it just says product.
        Ok, in addition to the contract did you sign any Letters of Authority (giving your consent for the CMC to deal with the bank) and if so do they refer to specific accounts/PPI claims?

For ref their terms are here http://www.goldmansmith.co.uk/terms-conditions/

Also could you post up or type out the offer letter from the bank (informing you of the additional payment) redacting any personal information?

Comment

Looks like I will have to pay up . They have covered any redress payments up to 12 months in their t&c.
          oh well , thanks for your help. I really appreciate it

Comment

Hold on! Just because it's in their T&Cs doesn't mean they can avoid their regulatory obligations. I would challenge it myself, there's nothing to lose in doing so.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X