• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Access to my Witness Statement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access to my Witness Statement

I have asked the police for copies of statements I have made, they have come back saying they need more info and are saying this is a subject access request and as such I have to pay £10 for this.
    This seems odd as I believe that if I gave a statement I should have been given a copy of this at the time and as the matter progresses and is now likely to go to court but is about an incident over 4 months ago it would be useful to know what was said as some of the facts are now a little hazy in my memory.
    Tags: None

This information on the Crown Prosecution Service's website is relevant to cases that are going to trial, so may potentially be relevant.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidanc...ory-refreshing

Comment

Originally posted by outlawlgo View Post
      This information on the Crown Prosecution Service's website is relevant to cases that are going to trial, so may potentially be relevant.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidanc...ory-refreshing
      Makes interesting reading, I always thought that if I gave a statement the police gave a copy of this or if done in and interview on tape a copy of the recording was made available if requested.

Comment

It might make a difference whether you are a witness or defendant regarding being allowed a copy (statement/recording). It may also make a difference what you're told depending on which police force is giving the advice. The Crown Prosecution Service and police forces are under scrutiny at the moment for the incompetent way they deal with evidence disclosure. The latest news is that the Director of Public Prosecutions is to stand down at the end of her five year contract.

Comment

Originally posted by outlawlgo View Post
          It might make a difference whether you are a witness or defendant regarding being allowed a copy (statement/recording). It may also make a difference what you're told depending on which police force is giving the advice. The Crown Prosecution Service and police forces are under scrutiny at the moment for the incompetent way they deal with evidence disclosure. The latest news is that the Director of Public Prosecutions is to stand down at the end of her five year contract.
          It is as a witness to an assault that took place 4 months ago very late at night.
          I seen the reports relating to evidence in rape trials and that she is standing down when contract ends.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X