• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Police complaint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police complaint

If I make a complaint to the local Police Force which they choose not to progress but do not give me this in writing how can I take this matter up with the IoPC?
    The IoPC website says that in an appeal to them I need to include the letter from the Police Force with their response to my complaint with my appeal but if I don't get a letter it seems I cannot progress.
    I have made a number of complaints to the Police force concerned the last supposedly to be addressed by the local supervising officer by getting all issues being addressed under the management of one senior officer but the phone call from this officer ended up with them putting down the phone on me when they didn't seem to get the grasp of the need to stop things being investigated with several officers working at different purposes and I said that without doing this then it was a waste of time so they said yes it is and hung up on me thus the matters at hand remain unresolved but with me having no where to go forward.
    Any advice or suggestions on how I should progress the matter as all calls to the force fall on deaf ears.
    Tags: None

Have you made complaint to the chief constable of the force?

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      Have you made complaint to the chief constable of the force?
      Hi
      No, When I called and asked for the address to send directly to Chief Constable I was told that all complaints go through 101 call line.
      When I asked for issues to be passed onto Police Professional Standards dept that just got passed back to same local Sergeant for "Local Resolution"

Comment

So first complain in writing to chief constable....what force and I'll have a look for you.
        He can then pass it on.

If your complaint has already been dealt with by "local Resolution" they should have told you how to escalate your complaint if you were not satisfied

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
          So first complain in writing to chief constable....what force and I'll have a look for you.
          He can then pass it on.

If your complaint has already been dealt with by "local Resolution" they should have told you how to escalate your complaint if you were not satisfied
          It is North Wales Police
          after the local resolution which I disagreed with they gave me an IPCC Booklet which I am sure you realise is old information due to name change to IoPC, it is from here and the IoPC website it states I have to have a letter confirming the outcome of all investigations which is what I don't have.

Comment

Chief Constable: Mark Polin
            Address:
            Glan-y-Don
            Abergele Road
            Colwyn Bay
            LL29 8AW
            And let him know about your dissatisfaction with the outcome and with the lack of written notice or the appeals process

Pob luc

Comment

Originally posted by Photega View Post
              ...they gave me an IPCC Booklet which I am sure you realise is old information due to name change to IoPC....
              In case you don't have this I'm pretty certain it's the most up to date statutory guidance (2015). I assume it will still have the old IPCC reference on it though.

https://www.policeconduct.gov.uk/sit...ce_english.pdf

Other statutory guidance is here:

https://www.policeconduct.gov.uk/inv...utory-guidance

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X