• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Job application and enhanced DBS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job application and enhanced DBS

10 years ago I was questioned by the police about a complaint made against me (on the same day as the complaint was made).

I wasn't arrested; there was no procedure of arrest, e.g no 'you don't have to say anything' etc. I was asked questions for about 20 minutes before being told it wasn't going any further and that I could leave. I didn't have solid proof I hadn't done what was alleged but there was also nothing to prove that I had. The interviewing officer said "I believe you. I hope you've told me the truth, but I do believe you." I asked how it would affect my career and was told 'it won't, we're not informing your employer, so you don't have to either'. They did take my name, address and phone number and details of my employer and told me that all things like this were just kept as intelligence in case someone else alleged something in the future.

How is this likely to have been recorded? I wasn't arrested so I'm guessing not on the PNC. This was before the chances to PACE-G and the introduction of voluntary interview under caution, so I seem to have been questioned more informally (or is this wrong?).

I'm concerned about it appearing on an enhanced dbs check 10 years on. Is it likely to? Or does the fact that they didn't see fit to inform my employer 10 years ago logically make it less likely now (they knew I was a teacher). Am I worrying unnecessarily about it appearing under 'any other information', and would they have arrested me or at least have investigated further (rather than close it after 20 minutes) if they did think there was substance to the allegation?

It was also not in a county I've ever lived in (I was only visiting for the day) and it seems only local police forces for your 5 year address history are asked? I don't want to lose my job for something I didn't do 10 years ago. Plus Home Office guidance seems to suggest that intelligence is reviewed after 6 years and can be deleted
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X