• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ help!

Hubby requested credit report. On it 4 ccjs! I went nuts....anyway.....
    So two have same court ref number?! But for two differing amounts? One in july 2015 for £1901 and one in October 2015 for £2011. Same person tried to claim against my husband for same thing.
    One claim at our old address then one at new address.
    So hubby has two ccjs the man was awarded both claims.
    Long story short it was an argument over a £500 boiler. So hubby agrees he owes only that.
    Question is can a person make two claims for same thing? Must be illegal?

Please help. We wanted to buy a house!!!
    Tags: None

Re: CCJ help!

Set Aside Application if duplicate then a set aside application on on those grounds, and cost to the other person requested? is my thoughts

also if hubby says one £500 he agrees with , say if paid it, the trouble is it stays on file for 6 years and CRA report showing as settled.

Others will be along to advise so see what they suggest.

Mortgage with CCJ s a problem even if paid I am sure

Comment

Originally posted by Flowergirl View Post
      So two have same court ref number?! But for two differing amounts? One in july 2015 for £1901 and one in October 2015 for £2011. Same person tried to claim against my husband for same thing.
      Long story short it was an argument over a £500 boiler. So hubby agrees he owes only that.
      Question is can a person make two claims for same thing? Must be illegal?

Please help. We wanted to buy a house!!!
      Check " trust online" (the Registry Trust) to see if the are two separate judgments the CRA's are not all reliable this could be a " clerical" error.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by Flowergirl View Post
        Question is can a person make two claims for same thing?
        Can you clarify some things.

Are the two CCJs exactly the same Claim Reference numbers?

You say one was served on your old address and one on your new address so did your husband receive the one served where you now live (assuming that's what you mean by "new" address)?

If he didn't receive or respond to either claim then the Claimant could have requested a Default Judgment (CCJ). If this was the case (and it looks like it from what you say) and you have the claim reference number(s) you can call NCCBC to establish the situation on 0300 123 1056 (or 1057).

He should ask them for the "Case Details" (the Particulars of Claim etc) and a copy of the Default Judgment(s) (the CCJs). He'll need the information in order to make an Application for a set aside if appropriate.

However the success of that will depend on whether he has mandatory grounds for the set aside(s) and whether he has reasonable prospects of success with a Defence if the court give him the opportunity to defend the claim if the DJ can use his discretion on the set aside(s). A set aside extinguishes the CCJ but the claim still exists.

From what you've said your husband admits that he owes £500 for the boiler so if that's the case he would be filing a part-admission and defending the balance of the disputed sum.

A silly question (but I'll ask it anyway ) are you certain that the claims are both for the same thing since they are different amounts? Could the contractor have carried out more than one job?

Even if these two CCJs were to be set aside that still leaves two more on his CRA file which could make getting a mortgage difficult until they fall off the system six years after they were added. Has he got long to go before that happens?

Would you be in a position to get a mortgage in your sole name perhaps adding him later when his credit file is clean again?

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X