• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.

Property and assets split 50:50?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Property and assets split 50:50?

    If i go through divorce, will my ex wife get half of my assets?

    I own three properties. two are in my sole name which are buy to lets and one property in me and my sisters name. All was purchased after we got married

    I have a cafe which is ran by workers and I am the leaseholder

    Any advice?
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Re: Property and assets split 50:50?

    First, get your business and personal paperwork together before filing. This includes confirmation of all your assets and debts. Second, when filing the paperwork, you should specify who gets what to ensure that it is recorded in the divorce decree. Then, you must negotiate child custody and support payments if you have minor children. Finally, you will have to work out alimony arrangements with your spouse.


    • #3
      Re: Property and assets split 50:50?

      I think you may need to sort out the other issues re passports, marriage and immigration first. Then if divorce is to follow the same rules will apply as any other divorce ie starting point 50/50 then look at all the other factors such as length of marriage, children, pensions, properties etc before a division is agreed.
      This may help:- https://www.gov.uk/money-property-wh...-ends/overview
      I am a qualified solicitor employed by the LegalBeagles forum to provide guidance on a wide range of legal queries. I am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

      Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

      If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.





      Find family law specialists that offer fixed fee services on our sister site;
      justbeagle logo

      Fixed fees for Divorce or Dissolution of your Civil Partnership will vary depending on whether you are the Petitioner (issuing the Divorce Petition) or the Respondent (you received Divorce Petition).

      The fixed fees may be available for the whole process or as packaged fees to deal with different stages of the divorce including preparing the divorce petition.
      See more
      See less

      upgrade to vip

      Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

      only £15/yr

      Offers available. No subscription traps.

      sign up now

      Resolver is a free automated complaints system that can help with all kinds of consumer complaints - including missold PPI and Package Bank Accounts.

      make a complaint

      Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

      Find a Law Firm