• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CPS wont Fully Disclose, Fallen for traps twice, please help with Criminal case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPS wont Fully Disclose, Fallen for traps twice, please help with Criminal case

I was arrested for ABH, released on bail for 4 weeks pending a court date. Almost immediately, my wife and her family have been making contact claiming that although she’s upset, it’s best to work towards reconciliation.

TRAP 1 - Members of my family felt that she intentionally provoked me on the day and should be wary of their intentions, but eventually, It was mutually agreed (verbally) between all sides that i should plead guilty, accept community service etc and make necessary steps towards making the marriage work. This is after numerous meetings, calls and church mediators getting involved. Unknown to us, there has been NO TEXT, NO MAIL showing their positive intentions.

I got a call from my mum in-law shortly before going in court claiming they are in full support & as a sign of support, that the entire family including my wife will not come to court.

Prosecutor offered a summary, photos taken and a statement from my wife as FULL DISCLOSURE but after i pleaded GUILTY, they claimed that they have more supporting evidence to suggest that the sentence should not be for a LOW Category 3 but a HIGH Category 1 offence. The prosecutor was asked by the judge to disclose all and let us decide in an hour whether we wanted to proceed. We were given a more detailed statement of past events, more culpability on the day and her concerns for her future.

An hour after, after denying the first 4 sentences in the longer statement given by my wife, the CPS claimed they even have MORE evidence. The judge was upset at having to have a third request for FULL Disclosure.

The prosecutor claimed that they have statements from the family and my wife expressing their concerns and mutual agreement that incarceration is necessary, fear of me killing her, our child and possibly another woman in the future..nasty stuff.

The judge concluded that they should disclose in FULL what they have now and also disclose soon before a newton hearing date 5 weeks time. The judge insisted that ALL witnesses including my wife needs to be cross examined on the day.

TRAP 2 - We agreed as a family that we would have no contact with them but after several calls & texts, the family were still INSISTING on the need for reconciliation .My wife has been calling family and friends in the UK and abroad (that haven’t heard of the problems), still claiming although she’s upset, she would like to know that i am remorseful and an apology would make everything go away.

BUT, those people have called me with a similar concern. They have told her that if she wants any chance of reconciliation, she has to offer written support otherwise mediation is pointless. They all feel that once she’s been given that VERBAL advice, my wife sends a text claiming she won’t take their advice & that the court should decide on my faith. Almost writing messages to suggest that she’s been pestered or pressured by them.

Her mum and dad have now TURNED up at my house UNINVITED. Claiming they have decided to reach out as PROOF that they are still interested in reconciliation.

I told them that there’s no reconciliation with a potential jail term hanging over my head unless she offers support in writing. If she is no longer interested in the marriage, we will know for sure on the hearing date what her intentions are and the family.

I called them afterwards to thank them for coming and said my parents will be willing to talk to them if they are still interested in mediation.

Our entire family got a TEXT from my wife a few hours afterwards claiming that she has no interest in helping and doesn’t want to be pressured for support. Her parents then sent me a TEXT CLAIMING that they have offered MY PLEA for leniency to their daughter, she is not interested and that they have to respect her wishes. Effectively claiming (in writing) the opposite to what happened in person.

My legal-aid lawyer is leaning towards simplifying the questions on the day so that my wife realises that what she says could decide if i go to jail or not but my family feel i need a FIGHTER for a lawyer. Someone willing to insist on digging the truth and expose the scams, scrutinise CPS failures and cross examine evidence and all witnesses.

My lawyer claims a week after the first court appearance (5 weeks after the event), the CPS have still not offered a FULL disclosure. My lawyer claims that the CPS could forward documents as late as a few days before the hearing.

I need help, i need a fighter. I want my case taken up by another firm.

I do not know if it can be via legal aid or pro bono.

I do not know if a financial agreement can be agreed to have my case taken up privately.
    I am willing to have fees secured against my home through a Novitas loan or similar.

I just don’t know where to turn to prevent me going to jail and having contact with my daughter ripped away.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X