• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Claiming DV to avoid Mediation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claiming DV to avoid Mediation

My ex has submitted a divorce petition for Unreasonable Behavior and whilst most of it is bullshit it isn't worth contesting after all it isn't going to make her want to come back and will just line the solicitors pockets fighting it, however none of the listed incidents involve domestic violence.
    However now it has come to submitting the forms for financial resolution it states that she is not going to Mediation due to Domestic Violence, I very angry about this as it is so untrue and I have even got messages from her best friend saying that she told her that "I had done nothing wrong to make her leave it was just something she had to do!"
    I had a discussion with her last year about the financial side of things and said to her that we should go to mediation but she refused saying her Solicitor told her "She will not get as good a deal at mediation" we also discussed other things, she said she wanted us not to go for each others pensions but that is what she is doing, she just wanted her fair share of the house, I offered to get 3 valuations to get the value and then look at what equity is in the house and I would look to buy her out with money drawn down from my pension as I was 55 last year which she seemed agreeable to and would tell her solicitor to drop the claims for costs, maintenance (we have no children) or on the pensions. I also asked her how she was affording a solicitor and she said she had an arrangement where "he would take a share of whatever she got off me!" which sounds wrong to me on every level.
    My question is how I deal with this issue of her stating on the form DV when this is not the case and would I be allowed to contest this using the messages I have from her best friend?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X