• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Divorce Advice Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce Advice Please

Hi,
    My husband who I am separated from has put a divorce in motion but will not do the things required to finish this is there any other way round this as I can’t afford to pay as I am off on long term sick.

The other question is just after we separated my husband placed all our debt in my name leaving me to pay all of this. Since the separation I have been in two car accidents which could leave me with a large settlement is there anyway to stop him getting this. We have 3 children of which I currently pay for.

thanks
    nat
    Tags: None

Hi Nat,

It depends where you have got to in divorce proceedings. If you have the decree nisi then you can prosecute the petition (make an application to the court) and get the decree absolute. If you don't have the decree nisi then you may have to start again and dismiss your husband's petition.

The court forms come with some supporting information and you can fill in a fees exemption form to reduce or get rid of the court issue fee of £550 if you have to start again.

In order to protect yourself financially you should get a financial remedy order. If this can be agreed with your spouse it can be done quickly and relatively cheaply, it is sometimes called a consent order. If your husband does not agree with you then you may need to issue court proccedings which can be expensive.

I work for Howlett Clarke Solicitors . Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability. If you are unsure please seek formal legal guidance.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X