• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.

Tyring to find out where I stand

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Tyring to find out where I stand

    Hi Peridot,

    No problem with the questions at all.

    My son is not the son of my partner, we have no children together.

    When the property was purchased I didnt put a sum towards the deposit (it is far more complex than that), my partner had on two previous occasions offered me a sum of 1500 and a sum of 2000, which I told him to keep in his account towards the deposit. In hindsight (isnt it wonderful) I should have had the money transferred to my bank, and then I could have transferred it back for the papertrail, so nothing to support that.

    I was renting a property before this property was bought. There is nothing in writing anywhere as evidence of the discussions that we had before buying this house.

    The declaration of trust wasnt done at the time of buying the property because of how quickly we moved, from offer to completion in 6 weeks. It was said that we would do it after, and then everytime ive brought it up since, there has been an argument. Firstly about having to pay a solicitor again, then about him not feeling "safe" with his asset and how he would be being ripped off (leaving me to feel very insecure in this housing situation).

    There hasnt been anything major done on the house so far, only little maintenance jobs that ive paid for, a new pipe here, servicing the boiler there, etc.

    When its stated that way, its all very bleak, and that will teach me to be so very trusting.

    Thanks in advance.





    Find family law specialists that offer fixed fee services on our sister site;
    justbeagle logo

    Fixed fees for Divorce or Dissolution of your Civil Partnership will vary depending on whether you are the Petitioner (issuing the Divorce Petition) or the Respondent (you received Divorce Petition).

    The fixed fees may be available for the whole process or as packaged fees to deal with different stages of the divorce including preparing the divorce petition.
    See more
    See less

    upgrade to vip

    Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

    only £15/yr

    Offers available. No subscription traps.

    sign up now

    Resolver is a free automated complaints system that can help with all kinds of consumer complaints - including missold PPI and Package Bank Accounts.

    make a complaint

    Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

    Find a Law Firm