• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.

Miss Evans

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Miss Evans

    Lived with ex partner for 21years, have a 16yr old son, ex stopped paying mortgage on house that was in his name only but we all lived there, including my older daughter from a previous relationship, he made 91,000 from sale of house, my children and I have been left with nothing, my son and I are still living in temporary accommodation as the council have not yet rehoused us, am I legally entitled to claim any of the money from the sale of the house??
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Re: Miss Evans

    Not from the sale of the house as it was in your ex's name but I'm pretty sure you have some recourse if you contributed to the running and upkeep of the abode for all that time. Someone with more knowledge will be along soon to help.


    • #3
      Re: Miss Evans

      Hi Naomievans4,
      You may have a claim under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act (TOLATA) if you are able to show that you contributed financially or in monies worth and had relied on an indication from your ex that you would be entitled to a share of the property. This can be quite complicated so I would advise that you obtain some advice. Have a look around for a local solicitor who offers a free initial advice or reduced fee for the first meeting. Take any evidence that you have indicating that you contributed financially eg bank statements confirming that you paid the mortgage or bills. Did you pay for any work at the property or carry out work yourself. All these sorts of acts are relevant so jot any thoughts you have down and take them with you to see the solicitor.
      I am a qualified solicitor employed by the LegalBeagles forum to provide guidance on a wide range of legal queries. I am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

      Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

      If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.





      Find family law specialists that offer fixed fee services on our sister site;
      justbeagle logo

      Fixed fees for Divorce or Dissolution of your Civil Partnership will vary depending on whether you are the Petitioner (issuing the Divorce Petition) or the Respondent (you received Divorce Petition).

      The fixed fees may be available for the whole process or as packaged fees to deal with different stages of the divorce including preparing the divorce petition.
      See more
      See less

      upgrade to vip

      Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

      only £15/yr

      Offers available. No subscription traps.

      sign up now

      Resolver is a free automated complaints system that can help with all kinds of consumer complaints - including missold PPI and Package Bank Accounts.

      make a complaint