• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I don't know how much more I can take!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know how much more I can take!

My mother in law is literally the mother in law from hell! She has manipulated my teenage daughter into backing up her false allegations to Children's Services to the point Children's Services are now backing her to make an application for an SGO, she's physically and emotionally abused my disabled son which has been completely ignored in all this, made a false statement to the police, fraudulently transferred my husband's car into her name and now she's made malicious and false allegations to benefits. This is all just in the last 7 months! We've moved 30 miles away to an undisclosed address to escape this woman but she still continues to haunt us. Is there anything I can do?

I have absolutely no idea how she's been approved to care for my daughter given her history of physical and emotional abuse towards her own(now grown up) children and the abuse against my son as well as the harassment she's been reported for towards her ex husband and her children. How the hell can anyone deem this woman fit for caring for a teenager when she couldn't even handle her own teenage daughter who she kicked out of home and refused to take back. I have no idea what to do to put an end to this woman's torture.
    Tags: None

Re: I don't know how much more I can take!

Good evening, welcome to LB,

This is an awful scenario you have put before us!

What part does your husband play in these events?

The obvious questions have to be asked, why does MIL feel the need to make these accusations, what " evidence " does she place before the " Children's Services"?

The fraudulent transfer of ownership of the car is a matter for the police.
    There are options, such as a magistrates order preventing her contacting you and your family, or a civil injunction from a circuit judge where his/her honour will hear your reasons for applying for an injunction.
    The latter would be my preferred approach, you will need a solicitor versed in family law.

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
      Good evening, welcome to LB,

This is an awful scenario you have put before us!

What part does your husband play in these events?

The obvious questions have to be asked, why does MIL feel the need to make these accusations, what " evidence " does she place before the " Children's Services"?

The fraudulent transfer of ownership of the car is a matter for the police.
      There are options, such as a magistrates order preventing her contacting you and your family, or a civil injunction from a circuit judge where his/her honour will hear your reasons for applying for an injunction.
      The latter would be my preferred approach, you will need a solicitor versed in family law.

nem

Hello and thank you for replying. My life literally sounds like a soap opera right now!

Children's Services literally have no evidence at all, they are simply taking the word of a teenage girl and my bitter and twisted mother in law and taking it as the truth. My husband has cut all contact with his mother and wants nothing more to do with her, ever. I should point out that he's my daughter's step parent. Unfortunately a lot of the allegations were against my husband and were serious enough for us both to interviewed under caution, thankfully that side of things is now over. We have provided written statements to Children's Services from my husband and two of his sisters in relation to the abuse they suffered as children and my son disclosed his abuse to both Children's Service and the police but this has been ignored. My husband also contacted the police in relation to the fraudulent signing of the registration certificate but they just fobbed him off to the DVLA and he gave up, as you can probably imagine there was a lot going on at the time.

Will a civil injunction serve any purpose in reality? She doesn't know our address, only the town we are in, which was revealed by Children's Services. I guess when further allegations are made with benefits or whoever else she wants to throw at us then it would go some way in showing our problem.

Comment

Yes the penalties for breaching an injunction can be severe, arrest/ prison to breach such an order Is contempt.
        If MIL has provided false evidence to a public body e.g. social/child care services then other remedies may be available
        both civil and criminal.

It trouble my mind that your statements to various bodies have been ignored, a Formal Complaint to the police ( Chief Constable) and
        the same level of complaint to the LA Children's Services Director are both viable approaches.

nem

Comment

Hello Slj
          First of all you are in very good hands here. Nem is a star and be in no doubt you will get sound advice regarding your legal position. Whenever this weighs you down come on here if only for a rant. It helps, believe me!
          What I would say is this –the reason your MIL seems to be more convincing is because she is probably cold and calculating. When she presents her side of the story it is more than likely in a cool, calm and measured tone. Naturally you are going to be more emotional because you care but it may not do any harm to take a leaf out of her book. –Now, I am not saying be like her but try and take a deep breath. The social workers, courts etc. need to see you are in control so do not let this witch win by winding you up!
          Teenager’s loyalties switch. Your daughter may wake up someday soon and see this woman for what she is. It is tough but try to step back from the battling triangle of you, MIL and your daughter. Quite often, especially with teenage girls, the more you try and get them to see sense the more you drive them away. Just be there when her relationship with MIL goes t*ts up and she will be loyal to you for the rest of her life. If MIL is as bad as she sounds this will not take too long; after all you daughter has your genes so will soon see through this woman but she must discover the flaws herself.

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
          ~ Anonymous

Comment

Thank you Nem, I am off to see a solicitor next week with regard to obtaining an injunction and will discuss all matters with them to work out the best course of action.

PAWS, you have made some very valid points. I have made the decision not to contest the SGO on the grounds that this is what my daughter believes she wants and contesting will only push her further away, whatever the outcome. My primary concern now is that the judge may order contact with siblings and right now we do not believe this is in our remaining children's best interests. Another concern is that the court paperwork will divulge our address and as we have moved 30 miles away to hide from them and keep our other two children safe, this is hugely concerning. The woman has a history of harassment and there is no reason why she wont attempt to cause further damage to our family. As if the woman hasn't put us through enough already!

Thank you both for your replies.

Comment

Originally posted by slj View Post
              Thank you Nem, I am off to see a solicitor next week with regard to obtaining an injunction and will discuss all matters with them to work out the best course of action.

PAWS, you have made some very valid points. I have made the decision not to contest the SGO on the grounds that this is what my daughter believes she wants and contesting will only push her further away, whatever the outcome. My primary concern now is that the judge may order contact with siblings and right now we do not believe this is in our remaining children's best interests. Another concern is that the court paperwork will divulge our address and as we have moved 30 miles away to hide from them and keep our other two children safe, this is hugely concerning. The woman has a history of harassment and there is no reason why she wont attempt to cause further damage to our family. As if the woman hasn't put us through enough already!

Thank you both for your replies.
              You are most welcome, please do not hesitate to come back to us at anytime.

Good luck!!

nem

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
                You are most welcome, please do not hesitate to come back to us at anytime.

Good luck!!

nem
                Thank you Nem, I'm sure I'll be back, even if it's just to rant about it all!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X