• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Whats a court order?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats a court order?!

My Story - I am a father of a wonderful 8 year old boy from a broken down marriage. I have currently been separated for over 3 years and have my son from Thursday after school till Sunday morning. I pick him up and drop him off. I pay the correct amount of maintenance as worked out by the online CSA calculator as well as providing for my son when needed ie - school uniform etc. All this was agreed verbally, which is where my problem begins. My ex wife is now demanding he attend a Polish school on a Saturday between 9am and 1pm, she is Polish and obviously he is dual nationality. I am trying to fight this as this is my time with him and the school is a massive disruption to our day, travel to and from the school included. She is not interested in listening and try's to manipulate me by throwing digs at me about my responsibility as a father. I should say i really dont want to swap days as these fit into my pattern at work which can be very unsocial hours.
    So the time has come to think about setting up a court order,so really my questions are;

Do i have a chance at keeping him on a Saturday or does the fact he is half polish and the school is helpfull go against me?

Are my work patterns taken into consideration when requesting to have him certain days?

Do i request to have him or draw up a plan/statement of the way i think is fairest?

What do i try to do? A solicitors letter? A court order? where to start

Do i include the maintenance in all this to the court even tho that hasn't been brought up by her?

Thank you all in advance!!
    Tags: None

Re: Whats a court order?!

You need to do what is in the interests of the child. I would say that you should look at extending your contact or changing your contact so that it is after this Polish School is finished unless there is parent participation involved which means that you can have an activity that is both educational and that you both can do which shows that you are interested in his cultural heritage.
    I would look and see if there are any such Polish schools in the area where you live so that you can suggest an alternative that might be acceptable to her and that this agreement is put in writing so that the informal agreement has at least got a written form.

What is taken into consideration is what is in the best interests of the child. The best thing is to work this out informally rather than going down the line of doing it more formally but I would suggest that a written agreement is drawn up and witnessed by both someone she knows and someone you know(so that there is no issue of unfairness later on down the line). Going to court should be the last resort rather than the first one.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X