• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Where does my sister go from here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does my sister go from here?

Hi,
    Long story short, my neice ( aged 9) lives with her dad ( sisters ex) and has done since December 2016 when she was removed ( via a section 20 signing) by social services due to neglet and my sisters breakdown. from January 2017 till april 2017 my sister saw her a few times ( visits went well ) and spoke on the phone once or twice, then all of a sudden niece no longfer wanted to see or hear from her. case closed june 2017. First court date was September 2017 after her ex refused mediation and a section 7 report was to be done. cafcass spoke to all concerned and by February sister was allowed weekly email contact. residency order given to dad and court suggested by june 2018 to encouraged phone calls between mum and daughter and eventual contact to start july 2108. well no phone calls as dad says daughter doesn't want to talk to mum yet and not to book time off work for contact as its too soon, he thinks even this Christmas for contact is too soon
    this has been going on too long now what can she do please?
    Tags: None

Originally posted by dancingqueen17 View Post
    court suggested by june 2018 to encouraged phone calls between mum and daughter and eventual contact to start july 2108.
    All depends if this was put in the order, if it was then he has to comply or she will return to court for breach of it.

If it's not in the order then she will have to take him back to court to gain access again.
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Well nothings changed from my post of over 2 years ago
      my sister has another court date next week
      cafcass have been useless
      my sisters ex is still saying daughter doesn’t want to see or hear from mum
      she’s now 11 and a half
      no phone calls or contact since I first posted
      only emails and even then it’s very few and hardly worth sending
      suggestions please

Comment

Per my previous post it depends what was put in the actual order, not what was said in court as to what the course of action is going to be.
        COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X