• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Father blocking private school

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are always two sides to any story and if the father of your son is opposed to private school he has a perfect right to express that.

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...lts-study-says

Of course private school may be able to add to the capital your son possesses if that is something you can not help with . This might help him get into an elite university but the jury really is out on that. There are also plenty of Widening Participation initiatives out there which have narrowed this gap considerably.

Have you considered what help you could provide your son with the money you use for private education which could be of greater benefit academically to the school .

Of course if your son genuinely wants to go to the school as opposed to wanting to please his mum - us boys want to do that you know - then who am I to say he shouldn't go - well until the revolution anyway :-)

Comment

This is not advice, but what happened to me!

my wife and me moved home with her two children about 8 miles away from the school they attended.

The father (I use this term loosely) had an exsisting contact order in place already.

at the end of the current school year we ask the children if they wanted to move school to a school nearer to them now we moved. They both did, as they wouldn't have as much traveling to do and there friends at a new school would be in the local area.

father did not agree with the move (he opposes everything) even tho his kids wanted to move school.

we moved them anyway, and he took us to court for a prohibited steps order I think it was called to stop the move.

He he paid for a very fancy legal team. We represented ourselves. Our case was this, the children want to move school, they will foster a better social circle outside of school, we do 95% of pick ups and drop offs for school.

His case was the school we moved them from was a poorer performing school. However this was not the case as we printed both of the schools ofsted reports.

judge simply said, your the main carer of the children, yours reasons for wanting to move the children are justified.

id just do the move and see them in Court if the father wants to down that route. Do what's best for your kid!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X