• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.

care home/broken hip

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • care home/broken hip


    just after some advice on what way I could possibly go if any. my father who is in a care home (residential) had a fall and broke his hip at the end of November 2017. he spent 3 weeks in hospital recovering and making sure that it was safe and things where in place on his return.
    certain events happened which we as a family needed answers to. such as when he fell he was hoisted before the ambulance arrived, he was behind the door when he fell so how on earth did they manage to get into the room when he fell (his bedroom around 3:00am in the morning) many questions there has been other things of course that have we are not happy with i.e. the standard of care.
    my dad I should mention is 88 has parkinsons, partially sighted due to macular degeneration, he is wheel chair transfer now and is quite depressed due to reduced mobility. he has lost weight.
    I contacted care commission when it happened also healt hwatch. I have just had the outcome of the safeguarding from the social worker part of the council and his case have been unsubstantiated and the social workers professional opinion the issues that were raised with staff have been investigated by the care home manager have been actioned appropriately. I am meeting with the care home manager on sunday I just feel like its just been brushed under the carpet. any advice would be gratefully accepted

    many thanks
    Tags: None




Find family law specialists that offer fixed fee services on our sister site;
justbeagle logo

Fixed fees for Divorce or Dissolution of your Civil Partnership will vary depending on whether you are the Petitioner (issuing the Divorce Petition) or the Respondent (you received Divorce Petition).

The fixed fees may be available for the whole process or as packaged fees to deal with different stages of the divorce including preparing the divorce petition.
See more
See less

upgrade to vip

Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

only £15/yr

Offers available. No subscription traps.

sign up now

Resolver is a free automated complaints system that can help with all kinds of consumer complaints - including missold PPI and Package Bank Accounts.

make a complaint

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm