• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.

Possible discrimination

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Possible discrimination

    On with the saga of Callie's Employers.

    I had a welfare meeting where I had to explain why I am so depressed and unhappy. I have explained the way I feel and why, that it is the culture the smell you name it.

    I have said I have been waiting 12 months for a transfer but barriers are constantly put in front of me and that I am still waiting on reasonable adjustments to help prevent my pain.

    I have been told that due to me being off sick with depression until further notice, I will not be eligable for a transfer as they are taking this in to consideraton! Now unless I am very mistaken, if the depression is caused by work they have a duty of care to prevent this? I have spoken to a friend who is certain this is discrimination under the Mental Health Act as I have been driven to this sickness from the sheer unhappiness I feel on a day to day basis.. im even on anti depressant medication that I shouldn't need!!

    Thoughts please?
    Those who don't believe in Magic will never find it! - Roald Dahl

    Tears are not a sign of weakness they are a sign of having been too strong too long! - Unknown

    You are not disabled by your disability but made able by your abilities. - Oscar Pistorius
    Tags: None



Employment Law

Acas provides free and impartial information and advice to employers and employees on all aspects of workplace relations and employment law.
Contact ACAS

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.
Find a Law Firm
See more
See less

upgrade to vip

Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

only £15/yr

Offers available. No subscription traps.

sign up now

Resolver is a free automated complaints system that can help with all kinds of consumer complaints - including missold PPI and Package Bank Accounts.

make a complaint

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm