• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.

Company trying to make me decline offer so they don't have to withdraw?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company trying to make me decline offer so they don't have to withdraw?

Q answered removed for privacy
    Last edited by Jakeporter; 8th September 2017, 21:33:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Company trying to make me decline offer so they don't have to withdraw?

Hi,

Was the offer "unconditional " or was it "subject to..." - references, CRB, Board approval etc?

if it WAS unconditional call Acas: they be be in anticipatory breach of a contract slated to begin in "a few weeks".

Conditional? Accept other offers and move on with good grace.

Viking

Comment

It has been found at Tribunal that and employer was in breach of contract when a verbal offer was withdrawn so it could be possible that they are hoping you find another job in order that they do not have to withdraw their offer.

When you verbally accepted their offer were basic terms discussed with you like start date and notice periods.
      I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
      If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You canít always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

Comment

Q answered removed for privacy
        Last edited by Jakeporter; 8th September 2017, 21:33:PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse

Employment Law

Acas provides free and impartial information and advice to employers and employees on all aspects of workplace relations and employment law.
        Contact ACAS

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.
        Find a Law Firm
        See more
        See less

upgrade to vip

Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

only £15/yr

Offers available. No subscription traps.

Resolver is a free automated complaints system that can help with all kinds of consumer complaints - including missold PPI and Package Bank Accounts.

make a complaint

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X