• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pay whilst off work due to work related stress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay whilst off work due to work related stress

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. Just a quick question, if anyone can help me on this matter.

I am currently off sick and have been since the beginning of the month due to work related stress / depression. This is because I have been bullied by the director.

They have paid my normal salary for the first two months and now saying that I will only be paid SSP from this month.

Can they do this, especially as the sickness was caused by the company?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Pay whilst off work due to work related stress

Hi [MENTION=99323]juggatax[/MENTION]. What a company pays in terms of sick pay entitlement should have been detailed in your contract or terms and conditions of employment so you should check that first to see what is says. It should state what the company will pay due to sickness absence and if they do pay more than SSP how long that will be payable for.
    I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You canít always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

Comment

upgrade to vip

Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

only £15/yr

Offers available. No subscription traps.

Resolver is a free automated complaints system that can help with all kinds of consumer complaints - including missold PPI and Package Bank Accounts.

make a complaint
    Working...
    X