• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.

Employer Hasn't Paid Me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer Hasn't Paid Me

Hi,

I worked a part time summer job for a fairly small franchise in England (quit on the 31st of August) and am yet to receive pay for the month of August. In the past, I've been paid fairly late and sporadically, but typically around the 7th or 8th. I texted my manager on the Friday that has just past, and he assured me I would be paid by this Monday. This has not happened. Soon I will travel away for university a few hundred miles away and I fear they may be hoping to get away with not paying me the 450 which I am owed (which is a lot to me).

I was hoping for some advice on how to proceed. Thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Employer Hasn't Paid Me

If you haven't still been paid, then authorise your parents/guardians to act on your behalf if you are away at uni.

Comment

Okay, but what can I actually do here? I've reminded them to pay me multiple times, what more do I have the power to do?

Comment

Originally posted by User19 View Post
        Okay, but what can I actually do here? I've reminded them to pay me multiple times, what more do I have the power to do?
        Small claims court. Not really an expert in employment Law, but you provided services and havent been paid for it so, I am pretty sure you can issue a claim against them.

Comment

I once had a similar problem, i had waited 3 months without a penny, so i threatened the employer with claiming the money direct from his customers for jobs i had worked on, and he paid me in full straight away!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.

upgrade to vip

Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

only £15/yr

Offers available. No subscription traps.

Resolver is a free automated complaints system that can help with all kinds of consumer complaints - including missold PPI and Package Bank Accounts.

make a complaint
          Working...
          X