• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

holiday pay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holiday pay

I've recently left my job because of what I perceived as workplace bullying. my allocations manager tried to make me work without a proper meal break, I'm governed by tachograph laws. when I protested he told me to, after a slightly heated argument, "get out, go on eff off". to me ,as far as I'm concerned, that means I'm sacked. another employee left the next day for similar reasons, as have approximately five other employees over the previous 12 months. I rang my manager today and was told he's going to accept his word over mine so he told me he'd take that as my resignation. I told him I've been in touch with five of the drivers who've left and they'll all support a constructive dismissal claim from me. I've been employed there for six years and asked twice for a written statement of employment particulars and been refused it on both occasions. I also am paid 40 hours, minus 50p an hour bonus, for every five day holiday I take even though my average working week is approximately 52 hours, with 50p an hour bonus. do I have a case for unfair dismissal and can I claim unpaid holiday pay for the term of my employment?
    Tags: None

Re: holiday pay

For the holiday pay: yes you are entitled to payment for holiday earned but not taken, and not just in 5 day "lumps". This web site should help.

There is talk about a change to the holiday regulations that makes your normal pay, ie with the 50p bonus, the basis for the calculation of holiday pay. I haven't investigated this.

Comment

If you were told to get out and have 5 other drivers that were treated the same and told the same "Get out, go on f** Off" then you would have grounds for unfair dismissal, not constructive as you never resigned, you were told to leave by the allocations manager and effectively summarily dismissed without any formal disciplinary process! They on the other hand only have the allocation managers word that you and no doubt the others too had resigned. Thats 1 persons (allocation managers) word against yours and 5 others word!

As for holiday pay yes your entitled the 52hrs, 52 hrs are by customary practice your implied terms of contract in relation to hours per week, the fact they refused to give you a written statement of your contract won't change that, but likely support the fact that your working hrs were 52 a week and therefore any deduction from pay would be unauthorised under section 13 of the employment rights act 1996. The failure to provide you with a copy of your written statement of employment is also a breach of section 2 of the say act!

How long had you worked at the company?
      Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

I've worked there six years this September. other five drivers hadn't been told to get out, f. off but resigned because of bullying by the allocations manager.

Comment

Originally posted by sacrificed View Post
          I've worked there six years this September. other five drivers hadn't been told to get out, f. off but resigned because of bullying by the allocations manager.
          Were you bullied and/or harassed on more than one occasion by the allocations manger?
          Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X