• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Accountant wants to charge and hire bailiffs for undone work. Please help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accountant wants to charge and hire bailiffs for undone work. Please help.

My accountant did some filing for my Ltd company, and now send letters with listed services she did not provide.
    She provided some and I am ready to pay.

But she wants all and threatens with court action.
    Please help,
    PV
    Tags: None

Re: Accountant wants to charge and hire bailiffs for undone work. Please help.

What services is she claiming to have supplied and of these which do you dispute?
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Hi Pumpkin

I don't know if this helps, but what I did recently in a not dissimilar situation was to photocopy the invoice and sit down with two highlighter pens and colourcode all the items charged for, eg yellow = sums legitimately owed for work done on your behalf and red= sums erroneously charged and not owed ie for tasks neither contracted nor performed. Obviously you could add other colours should there be grey areas that merit clarification.

You could add a time line ie work done, date, duration cost etc..

This sent with a covering note with the colour key, bald explanation and a cheque for the total legitimately owed with in full and final settlement written both on the front (after the name) and back.

In my case it worked, the cheque was cashed (in itself an acceptance I believe) and that was that.

HTH

Comment

Thank you, MissFM.
        I am doing this at the moment, will send email and hard copy.

Accountant charges for Vat registration, but company is not registered and charges for filing, payslips for several months, though I get letters from HMRC that I owe outstanding.

Comment

How much is this bill for? and how much do you think you owe threats of court action maybe just a threat

Comment

My action for now: to send her two email letters and one hard copy and urge her to stop doing any extra filing, because she apparently asks for monies from December (around 600£).
            The job is not done the proof is in the form of letters and numbers from HMRC.
            I will have to hire a different accountant.
            I will report my outcome later.

Comment

Originally posted by pumpkin14 View Post

and charges for filing, payslips for several months, though I get letters from HMRC that I owe outstanding.
              My understnding is that you would be responsible for making payments due unless you have an arrangement where the accountant would do that as well.

Personally I do my own payroll but have to admit I only have 3 employees so it is quite easy. As for an Accountant have a look at www.aims.co.uk , I've used them for over 10 years now, pay monthly and no extra charge for letters, visits or phone calls.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X