• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Need some help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help please

I worked for medirest since 22/01/13 I got the sack 5/10/13 for stealing some pizza yes I know it was silly
    and stupid and I have regretted it ever since I was suspended on full pay for 2 weeks before i was sacked so I was owed 2 weeks pay they have not paid me anything and now I could get kicked out of my rented house for not paying rent I was not told I'm not getting anymore money or had any letters saying that and now I'm at my wits end worrying about what I'm gonna do i cant sleep hence why I'm posting this late at night I don't know what to do or what to say to them when I ring them I don't have enough money to go to my new job Monday which does not look good any help would be really helpful.
    Sorry about my spelling and gramma it's very late for me and I can't sleep
    Tags: None

Re: Need some help please

Please could you clarify a few things. I've put comments / questions in your post so I don't miss anything.

I worked for medirest since 22/01/13 I got the sack 5/10/13 for stealing some pizza yes I know it was silly
    and stupid and I have regretted it ever since I was suspended on full pay for 2 weeks before i was sacked so I was owed 2 weeks pay they have not paid me anything and now I could get kicked out of my rented house for not paying rent How much rent do you owe? What sort of tenancy do you have? We have a good housing person here who I'm confident will do their best to keep you housed.

I was not told I'm not getting anymore money or had any letters saying that and now I'm at my wits end worrying about what I'm gonna do i cant sleep hence why I'm posting this late at night I don't know what to do or what to say to them when I ring them Ring who? Your landlord or your former employers? I would ring nobody - I'd keep everything in writing for the avoidance of doubt.

I don't have enough money to go to my new job Monday which does not look good any help would be really helpful.
    Sorry about my spelling and gramma it's very late for me and I can't sleep Well done on finding a new job so quickly - your former employers can't have written a bad reference for you. I'm sure once you start getting money back in, things will perk up again fairly swiftly, as long as you don't have significant other debts. With the exception of rent, are you behind on any other priority bills - gas, electricity, council tax etc....?

Comment

Hi Andy gee & welcome to Legal Beagles.

If you can prove that you are owed 2 weeks payment, & can prove that your former employer has withheld it, you can take them to court for breach of contract (technically called 'wrongful dismissal').
      If you are on benefits, or you're living on reduced means, you can apply to the court for a fee remission.
      Further free advice & mediation is available via ACAS.
      http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1680
      However, it probably won't be a quick fix, so you'll need to sort out your housing situation.
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Well funny enough I bumped in to my landlord this morning and explained what's going on and he was fine about it which is a total shock! And the only good news I've had I got paid monthly from my last job and the last weeks money goes on the next months pay plus the 5 days before getting the sack I Wouldn't care soo much but I have no money for food or anything I don't owe any other money just needed it to live but I was told if I dident go to the investigation I wouldn't get a penny but I did and still dident get a penny

Comment

They owe me
          money from 26/09/13 - 05/10/13 I've sent an email asking why I have not been paid but they have been ignoring me

Comment

If it were me, I would resend the email with a header stating 'Grievance', copying in the head honcho.

I would also contact the ACAS mediation service.
            http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1680
            CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
            Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
            gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
            The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Does it matter if they say it's in my contract that I won't get any if I'm sacked for theft? Even tho I never signed any contract?

Comment

Right I had my pay slip it's say I'm owed nothing and I've been over paid plus it says I left 30/08/13 even tho I was there till the 5th of October because I had my final meeting on the 5th so I take it they are screwing me over
                Last edited by Andy gee; 1st November 2013, 14:50:PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X