• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

reducing my hours

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reducing my hours

I currently work a 37 hour week for an autistic care home. I really want to complete the level 3 children's workforce qualification which requires time in a placement. For this reason I would like to drop my hours to part time. Where do I stand with this? And since the qualification will help me get a job elsewhere rather than better me in my current role, can they refuse purely on this basis?
    Tags: help, workforce

Re: reducing my hours

Have you discussed wanting to further your qualifications with the care home you work in - they may be happy to support you in this (obviously you know whether that's a realistic prospect or not but some firms like to help employee's gain further quals, promote them and offer a better service )Could you not do the placement at your current place of work?

Is there room to move upwards within the home you work in currently ? I wouldn't bring up your intentions of being better qualified helping you get a job elsewhere, more that it will help you in your current role and maybe look at moving up within their home when the opportunity arises.

How long have you worked there for ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: reducing my hours

Section 63D of the Employment Rights Act 1996 allows employees of any organisation which has 250 workers or more the right to request further training.
      https://www.gov.uk/training-study-work-your-rights
      http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1996/18/part/6A

This was to be extended to all employers, but was eventually limited to the above qualifying factor via The Apprenticeship, Skills, Children & Learning Act 2009 (Commencement No 2 and Transitional and Savings Provisions) Order 2010 (Amendment) Order 2011 (SI 2011/882)
      http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2011/882/made
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X