• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

CRB check

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRB check

Hi everyone, I have just joined this forum, and apologise if I have started this thread in the wrong category, but I am very worried and wanted to ask for your advice.

My son is 20 years old, and is currently working as an electrician's mate, with day release at college, and is really enjoying the work. The problem is they have requested that he have a CRB check, as he will be working in a school (with a qualified electrician), and although he is not working directly with children, they will often be close by. He has two spent convictions (burglary and criminal damage) which took place when he was 15. As he is working at a school, he is sure it will be an enhanced check, and, although he does not have any convictions relating to children (he thinks all paedophiles should be put down), he is convinced he will lose the job, even though his convictions are spent and he has not been in any trouble since. As his convictions are nothing to do with children, do you think he will be OK, or will he lose his job regardless? He is very concerned as he bitterly regrets what he has done, and wants to put it behind him, learn a trade and start a new chapter in his life, but it appears that these two convictions will haunt him for the rest of his life. I am beside myself with worry, as he loves his job and does not want to leave, but it looks as if he may have to. I would be so grateful for any advice you could give me.

Thank you in advance
    Tags: None

Re: CRB check

The only advice I would give is be honest with his employers and have the CRB check done.... Better this way than the employers finding out coz then they will think he had something to hide

Comment

Yes he needs to be honest and upfront, but it is doubtful these type of convictions will lose him the job. All my staff had to be CRB'd and I knowingly employed a chap with convictions for fraud. I believe it was up to me to decide.
      HR would only interfere (as they did on one occasion) if the record reveals something child related and I had to let that employee go.
      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

It will depend heavily as well on the companies rules and insurances. I know for example where we work there are certain convictions that are an automatic refusal despite them being very minor.

Be honest and at 15 I almost wonder if it will even come up... but be honest.

Comment

If these matters were dealt with by way of juvenille caution, they would have been struck from the record as he turned 17. If it went before a Juvenille Court, that is another matter. However, I have to agree that the matters should not affect employment near children as it is not child-related.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X