• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Secondment, maternity leave, sickness, contract, job evaluation...need I go on!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Secondment, maternity leave, sickness, contract, job evaluation...need I go on!

Thanks very much for that.

i have just phoned the Unison HQ but they've advised me to go to the branch as a first port of call.

Comment

Re: Secondment, maternity leave, sickness, contract, job evaluation...need I go on!

Originally posted by miliitant View Post
      crikey tboy

you got bionic fingers typing that fast

but i think your assumptions are correct in that they are looking for a reason to dismiss without following correct redundency procedures and relying on the posters ignorance of employment legislation
      Lol i have my superman t-shirt on today mate!

Hopefully once Bryn19 employers realize, shes not going to be a simple push over and that she knows her legal rights they will be the ones that are worried. I certainly think she should consider joining the union you mentioned too as know doubt they will support the advice that we have all given so far.

There's nothing more than i hate more than employers picking on vulnerable employees that are in need of the employers support, especially when they are clearly trying to make up excuses to use as a reason to dismiss them. One thing i can say about Bryn19 employers is that they are certainly overconfident as they are to stupid to realize that lost all creditability to their claim regarding her business when they purchased from her themselves and even more so when shes making less profit per month to what she would get on ESA if bryn19 was entitled to claim ESA - And you sure as hell can not dismiss anyone, regardless of other circumstances regarding their sick leave, just because they have carried on a hobby as what bryn19 is doing is nothing more than what her employers do themselves when selling things on ebay. In fact, that's another point that could be added to the letter.
      Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

I am living, breathing and (not) sleeping this at the moment. I now know what it feels like to be exhausted both physically and mentally.

I really don't know how this will pan out or how/if I can ever go back to work. I know for a fact that it's my manager who has single handedly brought this issue to the fore, in essence, tried to 'shop' me. How can I ever get over that?

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn19 View Post
          Thanks very much for that.

i have just phoned the Unison HQ but they've advised me to go to the branch as a first port of call.

then go straight to your branch secretary and get the legal and medical secretary and equality champion involved

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn19 View Post
            I am living, breathing and (not) sleeping this at the moment. I now know what it feels like to be exhausted both physically and mentally.

I really don't know how this will pan out or how/if I can ever go back to work. I know for a fact that it's my manager who has single handedly brought this issue to the fore, in essence, tried to 'shop' me. How can I ever get over that?
            Look at it this way, your manager has shot herself in the foot by buying from you after telling you you didn't need to fill in the DI, therefore confirming the local authority where happy with you having your hobby based business and also confirming she was fully aware of it and therefore supports your statement that she verbally informed you you didn't need to fill in the DI hence why she and your employer are now estopped under law of estoppel from saying you did need to fill in the DI. So they lost their argument before they even thought of it.

Send in the letter i suggested above and she will soon scurry back into hiding under her desk. But also visit your local union branch too as they can help you one to one as well.
            Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Thanks, I definitely will and I'll keep you updated.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X