• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Unfair dismisal. Been asked to submit, amount of compensation.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfair dismisal. Been asked to submit, amount of compensation.

Hi, helping my sister with tribunal case. We are seeking compensation, and have been asked to submit evidence as to the break Dow of the compensation we are asking for. I would be grateful if anyone can help me with this task.

WmWallace
    Tags: None

Re: Unfair dismisal. Been asked to submit, amount of compensation.

That is a Schedule of Loss

1. The Schedule of Loss is something that the Tribunal will want
    you to provide at an early stage so that the Respondent knows
    what you are asking for. This is where you set out what you
    think you should be awarded by the Tribunal if you succeed in
    your claim.
    2. You need to show what you think you are entitled to and why. It
    is not necessarily what you would get if you do win your case, a
    lot of it depends on the Tribunal’s view.
    3. How the document is set out is far less important than the
    actual content. You do need to provide the ‘basic’ information
    such as the dates that you were employed from an to, your age
    at the end of the employment, what you were paid both net and
    gross and any other benefits that you received. You should
    work out all figures to per week because most things will be
    awarded as multiples of weeks.
    4. The Basic Award is something that you are entitled to if you
    were unfairly dismissed and is the same calculation as a
    statutory redundancy payment. This is worked out using your
    whole years of service and your age. The figure for a weeks pay
    is caped at £400 (as at 2011, due to change in February 2012)
    and is taken from the gross pay amount.
    5. The Compensatory Award should cover everything that is a loss
    to you that ‘flows from the unfair dismissal’. It will also include
    amounts for any other claims that you succeed in such as
    discrimination or amounts that were taken form your pay that
    should not have been.
    6. Current Loss is the amount that you have already lost up to the
    date of the Tribunal hearing. Future Loss is a further period of
    loss that the Tribunal will estimate at the time of the hearing.
    7. All of your benefits should be included such as company car or
    pension contribution by your employer.

Comment

Hi Enid thanks very much for that it is very helpful. Is there a template document anywhere for this.

Also can we claim the she will lose her qualifying period in her new job which is no two years. She has to start at the beginning again.

Thanks.

Comment

I have to ask, have you taken proper advice over this claim?
        I ask because this is very hard to take on no matter how confident you feel your claim is.
        ACAS is a great help and have all info you will need but will not give a decision either way only impartial advice.

Comment

I have though off that and I am looking into it. I was a union rep for many years and have attended my Tribunals. I agree 100% with you, this is a difficult area if you do not know what you are doing, so I will get help with this, or get someone's active help who is.

Tanks again.

Comment

Yes I would recommend that you do seek advice through ACAS who would mediate for you, or if you have a law centre near you they give free advice.
            I took my offer before the actual tribunal but attended with my friend to hers, she lost simply because she had not followed the firms grievance procedure to the letter it was a very sad outcome.
            Good Luck and if you can please let us know how you get on it may just help someone else.
            Enaid x

Comment

Enaid you sure your not confusing constructive dismissal (in your friends case) with unfair dismissal. As i don't see how a person unfairly dismissed would need to use the grievance procedure, appeal procedure yes, but not grievance procedure.

Constructive dismissal is hard to prove, but unfair dismissal is not that difficult.
              Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Originally posted by teaboy2 View Post
                Enaid you sure your not confusing constructive dismissal (in your friends case) with unfair dismissal. As i don't see how a person unfairly dismissed would need to use the grievance procedure, appeal procedure yes, but not grievance procedure.

Constructive dismissal is hard to prove, but unfair dismissal is not that difficult.

Ok I am sorry, I thought it was the employer who had to prove it was a fair dismissal, I mentioned about my friends case because it was lost purely on the fact she has not done things exactly right. Even if as you say it is not that difficult to prove unfair dismissal I would still make sure I had done everything to the book so that would not happen.
                The working out of the compensation is still the same isn't it?
                Last edited by enaid; 30th September 2012, 11:38:AM.

Comment

Thread Title Enaid, Thread Title
                  Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

yes found it lol ta

Comment

You need to work out the official reason for dismissal. The real reason for the dismissal. If the employee contract was complied with. What you can prove. Has the employee made any complaints, attended grievances/disciplinaries as a companion etc

Essential why the person was dismissed and are there protected reasons for it.

M1

Comment

the problem now is that even if the employer has not followed say the disciplinary proceedure as to the contract of employment, if the outcome of that disciplinary meeting would still have resulted in dismissal, a tribunal would still more than likely side with the employer in its decision.

the only option left to the employee would be to appeal the dismissal with the employer on the grounds of not following correct proceedure.

multiple breaches though in proceedure and the employer is in trouble

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                        X