• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

serious problems at work (gross misconduct)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• serious problems at work (gross misconduct)

Hi everyone

Hoping to get some advice for my partner, i've had a read through many of the other posts on here and there seems to be some very helpful people and advice.

My partner has now been suspended from work for 14weeks (with no end in sight), and is awaiting the outcome of a disciplinary hearing, and has been warned she potentially faces being dismissed. This is because some of her colleagues have made allegations against her (which if true would amount to serious gross misconduct), she completely denies the allegations.

The employer she works for has got witness statements from these two employees, and the employer is relying on these two statements completely for the disciplinary proceedings. My partner has pointed out to her employer that some of the things that they have claimed simply don't make sense, and in places actually contradict one another (e.g if one of them is telling the truth, the other has to be lying etc.) Her employer is point blank refusing to investigate this further. This seems hugely unfair. There are documents that supports my partners side of the story (eg. documents routinely filled in everyday), along with 3 witness statements.
    weve been to see a solicitor, and it was his opinion that the best thing that the employer could do would be to fire my partner, as she would potentially have a very strong case at any tribunal.
    I was wondering if anyone could advise me what her options would be if her employer does not dismiss her, but refuses to investigate her colleagues over making these allegations in the first place? (which is what I think is the course of action most likely to be followed by the employer, but places my partner at huge risk of something similar happening again in the future). Is constructive dismissal an option? Would it be possible to sue for harassment in the county court? if so, what would be the cost implications? And what would constitute evidence of harassment?

Abit of background: my partner has worked for the company for 6years, she has a spotless disciplinary record. Due to the industry she works in, if she is dismissed, she will likely be banned from working in any aspect of this industry again.

Sorry for the long first post! I really hope someone can offer us some advice. I have had to be delibrately vague in this post, as if I posted the full details of what has happened, I fear my partner would be easily identifiable to anyone else who works for this (large) company. If anyone feels they could offer us advice but need more details, I will PM them.
    Thanks very much
    Tags: None

Re: serious problems at work (gross misconduct)

Hi and welcome to Legal Beagles
    you are most definatly in the right place hun, one final question.. is your partner in a union?

BUMPING for Millitant's attention

Comment

Hi, thanks for replying. Unfortunately not, there isnt really a union presence where she works. Thanks

Comment

Hi Norfolklad and welcome to Legal Beagles.

Has your partner been accused of committing any criminal offence at all? If so, what? If you feel it would be better to send a PM, send one to me. I am a retired policeman, but I now use my knowledge and experience to help others on this and another forum.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

thank you, pm sent

Comment

Had some helpful information from Bluebottle, so will be arranging another meeting with the solicitor. Another quick question, do employers legally have to keep employee records for a minimum amount of time (if at all)? I'm thinking of records such as employee appraisals and reviews?
            Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X