• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Possible DPA/GDPR breach.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible DPA/GDPR breach.

Not sure if this is the correct forum,but it's the only 1 closest to my query, it involves an employee.
    Last week when England knocked out Colombia, there were fans congregating in a town center ,blocking the road, and 2 buses were blocked in.Several dozen fans were converging on one of the buses which was immediately outside the pub., rocking it, opening the entrance doors via the outside emergency door button.The driver attempted 3 or 4 times to gently shove a few fans off. 1 fan actually got onto the roof and was jumping on the roof.A harrowing experience for the several passengers on board, some of whom were young women.All the time this was happening, someone was filming the incident.
    All of a sudden, the video clip is on Youtube.The driver concerned is angry that this video clip is on youtube ,uploaded by a local taxi firm.The driver never gave his permission for the video clip to be uploaded or for the drivers face to be shown.The taxi firm did not ask the bus company if they could upload it either.
    Not only was it embarrassing for the driver at the time of the incident, but it was also a shock for him when he saw the video clip on Youtube,which has gone viral, and has had over 66,000 hits.
    The bus driver asked me if there is a breach of the Data Protection Act 2018, and/or a breach of the GDPR.As I am not clued up much on both,I cannot give a positive answer
    So, any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.I will print it off and give it to the employee.
    Tags: None

Filming in public places is not illegal and based on what you have said, I would be inclined to point the police in the direction of the video as you would be reporting a crime. I’m sure long term that the bus driver would be happier seeing justice done should the culprits be identified. If filming was done by an individual without permission in private areas such as your own garden,swimming pools etc,this then would then come under invasion of privacy.
    Last edited by Setmefree3; 7th July 2018, 05:19:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X