• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Vehicle tracking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle tracking

hopefully someone can help with this situation at work.
    some time ago the company I work for decided to install telematics on the fleet vehicles using health and safety as the main interest for doing this, I understand HSE recommends tracking fleet vehicles and everybody was a little dubious but saw the bigger picture in the way it was sold to us at a large team briefing (this along with other work related stuff) a bonus system was talked about for good driving behaviours which seemed to sweeten the deal, at the time.

When you read the telematics policy (we weren't briefed this) it can be used in ways against like pay rises and bonuses. The health and safety part of it does not seem to be anything to do with it these days, managers compare drivers with their driving standards and business units get looked at and compared by higher management. The bonus was a flop as there were not significant savings to be able to pay out any bonus payments.
    Today a manager was looking at the telematics system trying to locate a colleague which is totally acceptable, he then went on to check to see where others were, 'he's at macdonalds' he's at the supermarket, he's driving I heard the manager saying. Once this manager sent me a text saying you didn't ask if I wanted anything from the take away as a joke. I looked around in the car park and thought he was parked up somewhere, I didn't see him so I called him and he was in the office looking at the trackers.

With new gdpr guidelines, we have never signed anything, a third party is being used to collect data. Some of our travel home is in our own time and the company has in its policy to use this information against us.

is there someone on here who knows their stuff to do with this topic please?
    Tags: None

I presume that you take the vehicles home and they are not left in a depot overnight? What happens if you are away for an extended period e.g. holidays. Are you allowed to use the vehicle for personal use or is it merely business travel during work hours and between work and home at the start and end of each working day?

I will tag Peridot as I can deal with any employment issues but will need help on any impact from GDPR
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Hi, thelittleguy,

I think we need a little more information before we can point you in the right direction. As Ula asked above can you confirm the arrangements for the work vehicle. Did you have use of it out of work hours, other than to drive home and to work? Are your employers tracking employees out of work hours. What does your contract say about work vehicles and their use. Sorry more questions but hopefully we'll be able to point you in the right direction once we have your response.
      I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X