• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Hi,

I just need some advice, I’ve resigned at work due to the accusations which I have admitted during an interview after I was already no longer part of a business.

i gave them information about other that were involved with theft but this obviously did not help me... this was with my previous employer, can what I said to them in the informal meeting be given as evidence?

The stupid this this is I didn’t just use my bank account to sell the goods I took I used my girlfriends without her knowing!

I need help/advice! The police have tried to contact me but I wasn’t at home at the time! I know what I have done it stupid wrong and absolutely a disgrace on all accounts I have also apologised crying to them, and offered to pay back what I took which I didn’t realise as it was over an amount of time £10k plus I was and still am struggling extremely finantially, and every time I took the things to sell I used it literally for bills and to be able to live!

I am am in a serious amount of debt due to a previous relationship which has cause strain and mental anguish on me!

i know I’ll be going to prison and there’s is nothing I can do about that, I just don’t want my girlfriend who I know will leave me after this to be punished! I know I’m stupid and you can have a go at me for that I just want help and advice, how long will I go to prison for and will my girlfriend be ok and not go to prison if she didn’t know fully what I was doing?

sorry for the long post I’m just frantic as this all just came up on Monday and the police are already knocking at my door!

i have offered to pay back fully no matter what but I know now they haven’t accepted that and are taking it further.

thanks for any help you can give
    Tags: None

Hi,

I just need some advice, I’ve resigned at work due to theft which I have admitted during an interview after I was already no longer part of a business.

i gave them information about other that were involved with theft but this obviously did not help me... this was with my previous employer, can what I said to them in the informal meeting be given as evidence?

The stupid this this is I didn’t just use my bank account to sell the goods I took I used my girlfriends without her knowing!

I need help/advice! The police have tried to contact me but I wasn’t at home at the time! I know what I have done it stupid wrong and absolutely a disgrace on all accounts I have also apologised crying to them, and offered to pay back what I took which I didn’t realise as it was over an amount of time £10k plus I was and still am struggling extremely finantially, and every time I took the things to sell I used it literally for bills and to be able to live!

I am am in a serious amount of debt due to a previous relationship which has cause strain and mental anguish on me!

i know I’ll be going to prison and there’s is nothing I can do about that, I just don’t want my girlfriend who I know will leave me after this to be punished! I know I’m stupid and you can have a go at me for that I just want help and advice, how long will I go to prison for and will my girlfriend be ok and not go to prison if she didn’t know fully what I was doing?

sorry for the long post I’m just frantic as this all just came up on Monday and the police are already knocking at my door!

i have offered to pay back fully no matter what but I know now they haven’t accepted that and are taking it further.

thanks for any help you can give

Comment

Hi and welcome

I think what you are saying is that you have stolen goods from your employer.
      You then sold these goods and paid the proceeds into your girlfriend's bank account without her knowing where you had obtained the money
      You admitted to the thefts at an interview with your employer.
      The value of the goods allegedly exceeds £10,000.
      Is there any proof of the amount?

The best advice I can give you is not to attend a police interview without having a solicitor.
      If they wish to talk to you, it will not be for a friendly chat over a cup of tea.
      If you do not have your own solicitor insist on being accompanied by the duty solicitor.
      The police have to arrange this.
      Refuse to speak to the police until you have first spoken with the solicitor, who will accompany and advise you in the ,meeting.
      This is your right.

Comment

Hi,

yes that hat is what I’m saying.

do you know what the worst outcome would be for me? Also I don’t want her getting into trouble and it wasn’t me who send the money to her account I made a selling account with her details I’m so ashamed.

so they next time the police come and I have to go with them the first thing in need to do is ask them for a solicitor?

thanks for the help I really appreciate it!

Comment

My old employer didn’t provide me with any evidence, just that they had my email/girlfriends email and bank details... and proof that’s if sold to a certain website which they traced through an investigation... I thought that they couldn’t share personal details like this without a legal order

Comment

Don't get tied up about whether or nor data has been shared... you are where you are.

Regarding sentencing your offence would seem to be a Category 3 which has a staring point of one to two years.
            This however may be increased because it includes breach of trust, but also can be reduced by a guilty plea and indications of remorse.
            Without knowing all the details (which includes the effect on your exemployers) it is impossible to second guess what the result will be.

You are best talking to the solicitor, and it is important for you to make sure you have one (even the duty solicitor)
            Ignore the police attempts to get you to talk before he comes.
            Do not discuss the matter with them at all until you have spoken with the solicitor.

Comment

Thank you for this and looking up the company it’s telling me it’s worth £2.73billion. I really thought by talking to them they would see how upset and remorseful i am and how much willingness I have to pay them back no matter what.

My my life is over I’m going to lose my friends my family my house I really can’t cope with this I don’t know what I’m gonna do

Comment

The situation is not as dire as you paint it.
                You have not committed the crime of the century, and you felt driven to act the way you did just to pay your bills
                Yes, people will probably be initially shocked, but I would hope your family will understand and stand by you.
                As for friends, if they don't support you they are not friends
                It will have an effect on your life, but it will pass.
                There is help out there to enable you get back on track
                Admit your actions, continue to show remorse and the intention to repay your employer.
                Be guided by the solicitor
                Hopefully the consequences won't be too severe, and it will all blow over eventually

Comment

Other mitigating factors will also be previous offences, if you have never been in trouble with the law before this will be considered too.

You may not even go to prison, you might be convicted and the sentence suspended, don't keep beating yourself up and living under a fog. Everybody makes mistakes, but we deal with them and then move on from them as well as learn from them.

Any family member or friend that casts you aside aren't someone you want in your life anyway, they may be angry or call you silly though as they will probably be shocked. They're human as well, so they make mistakes and as some biblical bloke once said "Let him without sin cast the first stone."

As for your girlfriend, if she leaves you because you made this mistake then you have found out she can't be relied on. Relationships have peaks and troughs, so she'll be angry and possibly upset. I actually think if she loves you she'll be more worried about what is going to happen to you.

You need to tell her though, this can't come out when the Police eventually catch up with you as a shock. Sit her down, tell her everything and be honest. She's going to shout, don't argue with her and let her vent until she realises that it's you who is in the doo doo.
                  COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

You’re advice has really helped calm me,

i just need to face whats coming to me, I haven’t eaten or slept in nearly 5 days I feel so drained and don’t think I am thinking rationally.

Will a duty solicitor really help me or will they just think I’m stupid? I found out they have no evidence other then admittance by me and money going into bank accounts.

if I didn’t admit it would I have been in a better situation? Or would that have just worsened the situation in the long run?

I cant tank you enough you have really calmed my mind and helped me to relax a little no matter what the outcome if i take full responsibility even though I used my girlfriends account can she be held accountable?

Comment

Thank JaguarUk, I have only even been done for driving offences and I know they will throw the book at me for that too seeing as I was nearly sent to jail for it

I will be going to jail and I need to face that I just don’t want to lose the love of my life I have sat her down and you were right she’s just worried about me and what going to happen

Comment

Originally posted by StupidFool View Post
                        You’re advice has really helped calm me,

i just need to face whats coming to me, I haven’t eaten or slept in nearly 5 days I feel so drained and don’t think I am thinking rationally.

Will a duty solicitor really help me or will they just think I’m stupid? I found out they have no evidence other then admittance by me and money going into bank accounts.

if I didn’t admit it would I have been in a better situation? Or would that have just worsened the situation in the long run?

I cant tank you enough you have really calmed my mind and helped me to relax a little no matter what the outcome if i take full responsibility even though I used my girlfriends account can she be held accountable?
                        The DS will help you it's not their place to judge and believe me they have seen a lot worse.

Be led by what the DS tells you, make sure you tell them how you admitted it and whether that meeting was recorded.

You don't yet know the evidence they have, they could well have been one of the people whom bought one of the items off you to see if it was you stealing.

Originally posted by StupidFool View Post
                        Thank JaguarUk, I have only even been done for driving offences and I know they will throw the book at me for that too seeing as I was nearly sent to jail for it

I will be going to jail and I need to face that I just don’t want to lose the love of my life I have sat her down and you were right she’s just worried about me and what going to happen
                        Driving offences are different to this, but I think you are better to accept the worst case scenario and prepare for that, then anything else is a brucie bonus.

I'm glad you have told your girlfriend, as I thought she loves you and is worried for you, so her reaction shows you already you aren't going to lose her. That's a sign of true love by the way and when this is done mark my words - put a ring on that finger (doesn't have to anything flashy it's about the intention not the cost of it).

You now have someone to share things with and being able to talk will greatly relieve the worry, don't bottle things up as it never leads to anything good. I have seen some "interesting" things in a former job, but talking about them makes them not take over my life.

Don't drive if you haven't slept for 5 days or eaten, you will not be making clear judgements.

Eat now, even if you have to force yourself and then if you are both at home tell the missis that you haven't slept for 5 days, so you're going to try to for a little bit. Either way try to sleep because sleep deprivation does strange things to the mind and even a power nap will alter how you feel.

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Well put @Jaguarsuk.

To reiterate, as the only evidence they seem to have is your admittance, do not discuss or comment to the police in any way at all until you have spoken to the duty solicitor. Stay mum if he is not present.
                          Do not admit or deny anything to the police until you have seen the solicitor, no matter how nice and reasonable they appear.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                            no matter how nice and reasonable they appear.
                            They will be very nice and reasonable, probably tell you to just tell the truth and everything will be okay. Don't trust them as far as you can throw them, they're not your friends and at this point they are your enemy.

If they arrest or caution you when they ask if you understand just reply yes, if they ask if there's anything you like to say simply reply No. Give yes and no answers, admit nothing and only deviate from yes or no to answer the questions of the custody sergeant if taken into custody regarding your welfare or to ask for food and drink.

Once the DS has met with you then they'll have agreed a course of action with you, the interviewer will try to bait you to deviate from it in the interview, so stay strong and stick to the plan. Don't rise to them, poker face on and try not to react.

Comment

Thank you so much guys. I am preparing for the worst! It was just a sit down interview with someone taking notes when I met my employer.

My girlfriend has stated no matter what she will stand be my and I have been with her for 8 years I just wish I was In a position to put a ring on it.

I wont answer any questions unless I have spoken to a DS.

I’ll try and eat but anytime I try I just Throw up and as for sleep I really have tried but I literally just can’t. I just want this to be over without my girlfriend being punished it was all my fault and i will take all blame if they promised me nothin would happen to her no matter the consiquense for me

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X