• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Potential disciplinary from social media

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential disciplinary from social media

Hello everyone.

I know social media is one of those topics, but a couple of months ago, I tagged a friend on a silly image about emails in a public group. This friend then went on to insult a senior manager, to which I replied he should stop, then I deleted it the shortly after when I had access to a pc.
    Now I'm facing disciplinary as the instigator and for bringing my employer into disrepute. The manager also stated the name of an act which I missed, possibly about defamation.
    Where do I stand with this as personally I never mentioned my employer or any person.
    My profile also happens to be private, so only friends can see my employer and the like, so it can't even be linked to them.
    Where do I stand with this, have I breached any regulations.

Thank you
    Tags: None

Does your work have a social media policy ?

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

It does and I'd guess it's the same as most employers.
      Dont post anything offensive or defamatory to individuals or the company.
      My main annoyance is I seem to be being held accountable for another person's posts. I tagged someone, then they made it about our employer and I also did everything I could to fix it

Comment

You sound like you weren't at fault from what you have said. Does your employer have a screenshot of the posts made showing who made what post? Any idea how they obtained the copy ? or have they just been told about it? Was the original post/image you made directed at your employers policies or something that had happened at work ? or anything like that?

Ula
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi MrPibb the questions that Amethyst has asked would be really good to have answers to so that I can help you with this.
          If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
          If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Thanks amethyst,

​​​​​​They had a screenshot on their phone, so presumably someone had copied it and forwarded it to them. I'm not entirely sure why it's taken so long as it was 8 weeks ago and it was deleted in rhe mean time. They even said it had been deleted.
            The original post was about people replying all to emails, nothing specific to our employer, happens everywhere, and I tagged a friend as several years ago, he'd actually done it. At which point he stated how he'd gotten away, although to be fair, he didn't even state our company, just insulted said manager.
            And now I'm being accused of bringing the company into disrepute.
            I'm hoping theyre just angry and might calm down. Although it's already been reported to HR, so I guess it's about how they view it

Comment

I suggest that you write down, for the purpose of your own notes, a time line of what you posted and to whom if more than one person, what the friend posted and when, your response and when that was - if possible and you can access screen shots of these then do so. Also detail when you deleted your original message.

My view is that if it has gone to HR then indeed you are correct they will be taking a view as to whether any further action will be taken. If so then the possible options will be either an investigation into the events first before deciding whether any disciplinary action should be taken or they will go straight to asking you to attend a disciplinary meeting or they will decide nothing further at all needs to happen. In the event of either of the first two option then you have at least started your preparation with the notes that you have already made.
              If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Thanks very much ula,

I'll do that.
                Definitely feel a little better having someone confirm I haven't directly done anything wrong. I felt I was going a bit mad.
                Especially as it was stated I can't discuss with anyone or they'll be a 2nd disciplinary matter and that my job role will now have to be reviewed as I can no longer be trusted.

Thank you for your help

Comment

If you need any further help then we will be here.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X