• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Bullying/victimisation/constructive dismissal within the workplace

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullying/victimisation/constructive dismissal within the workplace

long story short,
    I worked for my previous employer for over 2 years and during that time my role within the company was belittled and deemed worthless by my line manager who was from a different background within the business to me.
    I was bullied in the form of verbal attacks on my ability and willingness to do and carry out certain tasks within the business and accused of being obstructive and unhelpful because of this. I was even told I was not liked and to leave if I didn’t like it, to which I have a witness statement.
    myself and this line manager have admittedly never seen eye to eye but I have always tried to resolve issues where possible.
    The last 6 months of my employment to be fair were ubearable and very unhappy times because of this individual. When I was pulled aside by senior management one day I complained And raised all of the issues but it was simply dismissed as a clash of personalities and brushed under the carpet.
    I have recently had s baby with my partner and the whole pregnancy has been shrouded in misery because of my issues at work.
    since jan 2018 I had taken holiday, sick and even unpaid leave because of my anxiety to return to my toxic workplace and not once was I asked if I was ok and if there were any issues by hr, my management team or anything.
    I tgen handed in my resignation after 2 years of being there and sited a long list of grievances bring the reason for me leaving. Again this seemed to be dismissed and my resignation was accepted and P45 sent to me.
    although if I wanted I could go and speak to my line manager who had ignored my concerns at a later mutually convenient date???
    should my grievances not have been heard first??? Before accepting resignation???
    I feel this has been a form of constructive dismissal on their part and I have been victimised and bullied in the workplace in order that I leave.
    I had to fight to even get a grievance hearing with someone impartial and not directly involved in my grievances.

All in on all I am looking for guidance as to what if any laws have been broken and where I can go from here.
    Tags: None

If it was clear that as part of your resignation letter there were clear grievances contained within it then the company should treat that as a grievance and deal with it in accordance with their grievance procedures. You were an employee at the time you handed in your resignation so yes they should have arranged for you to attend a grievance meeting.

What is the current situation - from the mention of P45 it would seem that you have left the company. Did you work your notice? When did you leave?
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X