• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Employment Case Bundle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment Case Bundle

Hi
    i had a Preliminary Hearing due to employment issues (disability discrimination and whistleblowing) at the beginning of this month and a 4 day trial is scheduled for August.
    I am representing myself and the judge gave me directions in court. However now an email following up these dates has been received, I am now comfused.
    I had to provide a disability impact which I have done.
    I have requested documents and diaries etc as evidence from my employer.
    I don’t understand the rest.
    What do I put in a joint bundle? I know things like contracts, letters of correspondence relevant to the claims etc but do I supply my evidence?
    For example I have text messages to prove actions which the judge has allowed but do I put them forward in my bundle? As surely then I’m giving away all my evidence and they can then provide witness statements with excuses?
    Or is this part of my witness statement evidence? The judge said to make sure I list everything in date order and reference it in my witness statement so I’m gurssing that’s part of the bundle?
    Thank you
    Tags: None

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_30202.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	1397625 These are the points I don’t understand as in what is required at which point. Thank you again

Comment

It's a double edged sword!

If you disclose all the documents you are relying on, then they will no doubt come up with 'excuses'.

If you don't disclose documents you rely on, that will breach the case management order and they will no doubt complain to the tribunal and the judge may or may not accept those documents at tribunal. If the judge accepts them then the other side will be given time to view them...and will no doubt come up with 'excuses' anyway. If the judge doesn't accept them...then you cant use them! Be warned, the judge may not take it too kindly if you breach his case management order.

What should you supply to a joint bundle? Any evidence or documents you are relying on because they are going to see it eventually.

When you get a copy of the bundle, make sure all the documents you want to include are in there. Employers have a habit of not including documents which may harm their case. Its not for them to decide which of your documents should be included.

Comment

Yes I understand totally what you are saying.
        ive decided to submit the evidence and wait for their paltry excuses. Rather that than I have no evidence to rely on.
        Their solicitor named 4 witnesses. 2 are management which I expected, 2 are witnesses that I first approached (and they declined and now witnesses for them) which again I totally expected.
        In the PH though their solicitor said he had yet to question the latter 2 so will decide later and there may also be.A 5th witness. At what point does he have to name these as how can I submit evidence that they have ‘last minute swapped sides’ and themselves had been sending me texts backing me up, if I don’t know they are using them or who the 5th witness is? It could be my mother for all I know lol
        Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X