• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Employer claims to have 'lost' my original birth certificate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer claims to have 'lost' my original birth certificate

Hi, Not sure if I'm posting in the right place and if anyone will be able to help. When I was at Uni I worked part-time in a pub [well known chain] and had to submit my original birth certificate as part of the pre-employment checks. I did ask for it to be returned but it never materialised. When I left the pub [and this was two years ago so I appreciate I should have sorted this earlier] the manager told me that he couldn't find my birth certificate and/or it had been shredded! I've obviously had to buy a replacement certificate but my Mum has now found out and is really upset with me as it's not the original one that she paid for all those years ago! And she says that someone could have used this to set up an identity in my name. So she is furious with me for a] not sorting it out and b] not telling her so SHE could have sorted it out.
    Any assistance gratefully received. Is there some way of finding out if someone has created a new identify in my name? Do I have to flag this up with the the Registrar General or anyone else. Can't tell you how mad she is with me.
    Thanks
    Tags: None

they lost it they should replace it with the cost, - you can get copy of original from original registrar office and a fee to be paid.
    Order a copy of a birth, death or marriage certificate - GOV.UK

https://www.gov.uk/order-copy-birth-...ge-certificate

Comment

Thanks Mike - I've got a copy already as I needed it for my current employer however my Mum is going spare about the potential for identity theft. She thinks the story that the pub has 'shredded it' is not credible and thinks someone in the pub has 'sold it on' - she's on the warpath now about this - big time! I've been on Google to see if there's somewhere I could report the original as lost/stolen but the damage is, according to her, already done, as someone's got the original and they could be sitting on it [until I'm older but clearly not wiser!] if they haven't already created a fake identity in my name.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X