• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Unfair dismissal from work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfair dismissal from work

My wife was a catering manager in one of the London's universities for almost 12 years. On her duty, one of the food waiters did a mistake/accident, after few hours my wife was told by her boss to do not come to work to this place anymore. She was not given any explanation of what happened.

We found out later that an accident happened in the different building 3 bus stops away from where my wife was working and she physically could not keep eyes on what is going on in that building. On duty at the same time were other 2 managers and they are on the higher positions that my wife and none of them did not check that building but my wife got all the blame, but she was many times reporting to her boss that they do not have enough managers to cover all the buildings and one day something like this may happen, but she was told to shut up and keep her mouth closed.

Other people also were saying many times that this department is understaffed but it was ignored by top managers.

The accident that happened it is just the food waiter forgot to put one more glass to the room where VIP people were having a lunch. So one of the VIP guests did not have a glass for a water. And because of that my wife has lost her job! At the same time after this accident, a line manager (boss) of my wife was given warning.

My wife never has any warnings or disciplinary actions before. She knows that here boos was told by one of the women on very high position from the University to get rid of my wife, we can not prove it but my wife heard when this woman was talking to her boss and said him “Get rid of this f….n b…ch today” and my wife lost a job in 2 hours after she has heard this.

The catering department in this university is outsourced to a company called L......, my wife was working for this company L......, in her contract clearly says the name of the University where she supposes to work and that is where she worked for 12 years. After the accident, her boss said to my wife that from tomorrow she will be working in another branch where L...... providing a catering service.

When my wife arrived at this branch she was told there that there is no job for her and this branch has already too many employees and the branch has no work even for them, my wife was told that she can work there only for few days and the job that she has to do there will be no relevant to her previous position. It is clearly seen that the company L..... trying to win a time a get rid of my wife.

They are trying to make her life impossible now and make her leave the company L......

My wife really likes her job and would like to come back to her regular working place.

Very often when this department was understaffed my wife has to lift heavy things - like boxes with wine, racks with glasses …. and now she has a serious back pain problems and this company L...... even didn’t apologise, they just said - you do not work here from today!

We would like to know if anything can be done in this case? Can my wife come back to work to her regular workplace? Or can she apply for compensation? What does she suppose to do now in order to get her job back?

Please advise.

Thanks everyone for the help and replies.
    Tags: None

It does not sound like your wife has been dismissed just that due to an incident she has been asked not to work at that site and have been given an alternative site to work from. In her contract with the company does it allow them to change her location of work?
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Originally posted by Ula View Post
      It does not sound like your wife has been dismissed just that due to an incident she has been asked not to work at that site and have been given an alternative site to work from. In her contract with the company does it allow them to change her location of work?
      Hi. Thank you for your reply. Yes, it is, in her contract says that they can change her location of work. But I think they should give her a notice first, also they should give her an option to resign or to relocate. It can not be done within 2 hours time like they have done. Also, a situation is slightly changed. After my wife has worked 3 days on the other site her employer give her an official notice that she is now suspended from work with full pay while they will run an investigation. They had invited here to the investigation interview next week.

Could someone please suggest, what possibly could help my wife in this situation?
      Last edited by arcadin; 11th March 2018, 14:20:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
      See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
      X