• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Autism and the work place

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autism and the work place

Between 2012-2013 I had severe issues in a place of work, these issues have followed me everywhere, they namely start off with people accusing me of shouting at them even when I just talking to them......because of the issues I faced I really did hit rock bottom to the point of contemplating suicide..

Luckily I did have a very good occupational Dr who advised me the issue could be related to dyslexia as it runs in my family, so £500 later I find out in 2013 I am dyslexic and after many visits to the Audiology department, I finally see an ENT consultant who advises me to have a test for Autism.

So between 2013 and 2015, i find I have Autism (Asperger's syndrome) Dyslexia and an Auditory hearing deficit (this mean I don't hear my true voice)

In Dec 2013 I started a new job now before I started they were aware of dyslexia and was aware I was waiting for a referral to have an Adult autism test, this I finally received in 2015

I must add that I work in an NHS hospital in the operating theatre as a registered practitioner

Now since then, i have been pulled off a training course, after telling the course director about my dyslexia and Autism, I have missed out on a promotion because I was put on the mentorship course but then had no support or assistance and wasn't even allocated to my supervising mentor despite asking, I consequently fail and had a 12mth battle with both the University and work in order to get it done,

I have been denied a team transfer, this is based on my strengths, in working in orthopedic but the problem is the rest of my colleagues in the orthopedic team, dislike my particular skills and do everything to make my life a living hell this is both junior and senior team members, Things they will do are manipulate the list to their benefit, refuse to listen to me unless everything is going wrong and also blame me when everything is going wrong, even though they have refused my help in the first place, Create additional work for me, will mess about and over sitmulate me untill I have a melt down and then I'm to one who gets into trouble with the management and when I try and tell mamagement how I feel I get told that I'm wrong and that my team do recognise my disabilities, yet they do everything they can to wind me up includeing insulting me saying it's just a joke, play music on a mobile phone via the mobile phone speaker which acctuall causes me physical pain and when I ask then not to they just laugh at me. Make so much noise I have trouble hearing, are constantly telling me to shut up by then in the next breath ask me why I am quiet and whats wrong.

I have had to watch as other colleagues get to chose where and which team they work in, whilst I'm denied this, I am also not permitted to hold the emergency bleep which also has a financial implication

And to top this all off I have a friend who keeps telling me that, it's all my own fault for making waves, telling work about my disabilities fighting for my rights and that I am now being punished and that I have burnt all my bridges and that I should leave and get a new job. I have been in contact with acas I have also put in for early conciliation with acas

I am now in a position of being really confused and have no idea where to go who to turn to or where to get help from because every time I say I feel like I am drowning I get told my feelings are wrong
    Tags: autisum, work

What if anything have you done so far to raise your issues with your managers/HR
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X