• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

New employment contract query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New employment contract query

For the purpose of explanation company one is Bill and company two is Bob!

I applied for a was successul in gaining a job with Bill. The terms of the job were set out including probationary periods with salary increases at certain points. I signed a contract and away we go - started Monday.

it appears four of the homes that were company Bob have been taken over by Bill a year ago and though branded and marketed etc by Bob all financial transactions and staff contracts are still Bill.

​​​​​I queried salary payment dates firstly to be told x date as per Bob and then oh no our mess up you should be on contract Bill (old company). With different terms and conditions. Though on the grapevine I've been told all staff will move to the new contracts in April.

The job I have started is new to the structure of the new company. Im suitably confused and receiving no answers other than my manager saying oh yes I've got a copy of your new contract. I had to ask for a copy. I'm perfectly happy with the new job and t &c's but am hesitant to sign anything that doesn't reflect what I signed up to.

any advice would be gratefully received!
    Tags: None

Gosh I think I understand. Does the contract issued and signed by you and the company state that you are working for Bill?

If Bill took over company Bob then it is likely that any staff who transferred across to Bill would still be on Bob's contracts of employment (which may have different terms) under the terms of the TUPE regulations. It could be that company Bill has inherited a different pay day from as a result of the employment contract that company Bob had in place..

Did you keep a copy of the contract you signed? If so and you are happy with it, as I presume you were otherwise you would not have accepted and started on Monday, then just double check that is the contract they hold on file for you.
    If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

You can’t always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Hi and thank you for replying. As I am admin manager I have my own file at the side of me! I have Bill's contract but there is now one for Bob on my file which is unsigned. All other staff including new are on or being put on Bob's. Even though they are advertising Bill's new pay rates. More confused?

Comment

Very confused. Handy you have your file next to you.

So even though Bill took over Bob is seems like they have now decided that they want to keep Bob's employment contracts ongoing except pay rates.

At the moment as you were offered and signed Bill's contract that is the one that governs your employment.

I presume you have compared them are there any major detrimental/positives between the two contracts?
        If you would like a one-to-one expert consultation with me on your employment issue than I can be contacted by emailing admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com

I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.

You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

Comment

Yes - no sick pay. No mention of the probation structure and subsequent pay rises at 6 and 12 months. They say we will all be going on to bill's contract next month anyway so that also makes no sense

Comment

So from your last post it sounds like everyone is moving to the contract terms that you have currently signed?

Comment

The plot now thickens. No one is going to the new employers (Bill's) contracts. Everyone who works for the 4 homes that were bought out by Bill are staying on the original contracts (bobs). I should have been given Bob's. HR should have been calling me to confirm the differences to what I signed up to and to especially the sick pay and probationary periods.

Comment

Well the fact that they are keeping the 4 homes they bought out on their original contract stands to reason under TUPE. However if they have subsequently employed you on their contract (Bills) which they issued and you have signed then they are going to consider how they vary the contract terms which depends on what they are and whether they have any inbuilt flexibility in the clause.

Comment

Hi - basically wrong contract so the unsigned one in my file is what I am employed under with no sick pay. They verbally confirmed that Bills terms relating to the probation and incremental points still applies though I think I might ask for that in writing. Took three days to pay me - unimpressed!

Comment

So effectively you should have been on Bob's contract? Please get confirmation in writing of the the precise terms of Bill's contract that they are going to continue to agree to as additional clauses to the contract they now want you to sign.

On the salary payment date is that different in both contracts? If so have you been paid on the date in unsigned contract on the basis that is the contract they should have given you?

Comment

Thank you for all your help it is appreciated. Yes I'll email tomorrow to confirm this before signing. The answer to the wages question is yes on both counts

Comment

Hi - another update. I have just spoken to a new starter in the same position who has received a Bill contract but has been told by HR this is correct though she will be paid by Bob - I give up

Comment

Sounds like the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

Did you get the written confirmation as per my post #10

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                          X