• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Demotion

    I need some advice please i have requested voluntry demotion a couple of months ago and it was accepted this is due to take place in approx two months, i have since changed my mind and wish to withdraw this but my manager is going to block this i would be going to a different area and working under a different manager.
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Was your demotion associated with any request for flexible working?

    If not then as the company has accepted your voluntary demotion they are not obliged to accept your change of mind. My suggestion would be that you speak to HR if you have such a department or a senior manager responsible for staffing issues to see if they would accept you reversing your decision.
    I do my best to provide good practical advice, however I do so without liability.
    If you have any doubts then do please seek professional legal advice.

    You canít always stop the waves but you can learn to surf.

    You are braver than you believe, smarter than you think and stronger than you seem.




    Employment Law

    Acas provides free and impartial information and advice to employers and employees on all aspects of workplace relations and employment law.
    Contact ACAS

    Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.
    Find a Law Firm
    See more
    See less

    upgrade to vip

    Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

    only £15/yr

    Offers available. No subscription traps.

    sign up now

    Resolver is a free automated complaints system that can help with all kinds of consumer complaints - including missold PPI and Package Bank Accounts.

    make a complaint

    Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

    Find a Law Firm