• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

HELP! Company withholding wages after resignation.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Company withholding wages after resignation.

Hi guys.

ill try and keep it short.

BASICLY I'm acting on behalf of my girlfriend whom has resigned from her position, her last day of work will be 4 days after she is legally entitled to employment rights, however she will be paid on the day before this happens.

She resigned after being assured that she would be given a promotion and then the individual whom they was attemping to sack to open up the position was cleared of all misconduct and returned to duty. In this time my girlfriend was given 2 jobs to do in their absence.

so, she has resigned and given her 1 months notice and then unfortunately fell ill. The doctor signed her off with a viral infection for 2 weeks.

in this spell of illness a letter has come through letting her know that they will be withholding her pay on the grounds of now following procedure properly. They suggest she didnt ring in for the 3 days before issueing the fit note even though our statementd on our network providers say otherwise.

however they attempted to gain leverage by saying that i was unable to talk on her behalf whilst incapacitated ect. However it clearly mentions in her handbook that I can!

the unioj is involved but has suggested we talk to HR and let them deal with it but today I urged her to ring accounts up to find out how much she is likely to get paid and they appear to be following through with the plan as she is apparently only entitled to SSP and not the full contractual pay as stipulated in her contract.

we have sent a letter to her gaffer and HR with the proof we rang in and sited the relevant claused of the contract to vindicate her conduct but they are not budging.

what do we do????

thanks in advance guys!
    Tags: None

Did she speak to anyone when she rang them? If that is company policy they can stop company sick pay and only pay SSP. She could lodge a grievance in relation to the promotion as well as the stopped sick pay.

Comment

Hi. It says in her handbook that somebody can talk on her behalf if she isnt able to talk herself.

In theletter we sent in response to their initial correslondance, we reitterated that she had a history of mental health that was documented within the company and expressed that she had declined in mental health as a compounding factor of her illness.

This appears to remain quite ambiguous and it is one of the things the company is attempting to capitalise on. Also they appear to have omitted the fact that we rang the duty managers phone on several occassions that can be verified by ours and theirs network provider. Of which we have sent a SAR to HR to try and persue.

The clause they are using represents a failure to comply with company procedure.

Whilst talking on her behalf i was fortuitous and had rang the deputy manager of her company and said that she was unable to talk but didnt say on which grounds.

Please ellaborate on the promotion greivance,

Comment

Further to your question, yes she did talk personally to the duty manager on one occassion.

Comment

Anybody have any more input??

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X