• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Child safeguarding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child safeguarding

Hi,

First post, so...

Last year (after a year of trying to get information from the school under the Data Protection Act), I discovered that the safeguarding lead at the school attended by my children had submitted a safeguarding referral to social services, apparently driven by low attendance rate but (I believe) with an element of malice: this submission was thrown out at the first stage and a second, more detailed, submission made (again rejected). Having contacted the professionals quoted in the referral (two GPs and a consultant paediatrician), they have unequivocally stated in writing they did not say the things ascribed to them and - to the contrary - they told the teacher the opposite of what she wrote in the referral (no problems, no concerns)

When the referral didn't lead to action, the teacher immediately submitted a form to the local authority requesting prosecution for low attendance (hardly consistent with her previous concerns).

Despite having black-and-white evidence that the teacher lied, the school (Head of Governors) say she did nothing wrong. A Governor's Panel is trying to put me through grief.

Does lying in such a responsible position have legal consequences, or am I stuck with trying to work my way through the system to Ofsted?

Thanks,

STENDEC

Tags: None

Hi and welcome.

There is little you can do about the report which contained inaccurate quotations.
    Be careful about referring to the teacher as lying: she was mistaken.

Concerning the low attendance, have you already received a warning letter &/or a penalty notice?
    Unusual to go straight to a request for prosecution.

Comment

Hi! I've just jointed you also.
      Des8 is right you should be careful with teachers as the headmaster will support his colleague. As I know how hard nowdays find a good teacher with high education and more or less adequate.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X