• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice needed please regarding notice of pending legal action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice needed please regarding notice of pending legal action

Originally posted by julies View Post
    Hi to all,

Just posting my 2pence on this subject.

Wouldn't it be better for the original poster to go on the offense now to the debt collector so to prevent them just selling the debt off to another creditor and therefore having to just repeat all of this process again later?

Maybe state to the debt collector that they have actually committed a criminal offense now as they have not supplied the document within 12+2+30 days and ask them to have the full and final settlement of let's say £10 without admitting the alleged debt or just to have it written off now so you do not report them to the authorities?

Something along the lines of the letter listed below, that I have found on another older thread from another forum....... Do edit out the points that are not relevant to this case obviously

LETTER SAMPLE FOR EDITING
    ------------

Re: my request under s78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Thank you for your recent letter sent to me dated **DATE**, the contents of which are noted. However, the reply received by me does not fulfil your requirements under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

The Act demands that I be supplied with a true copy of any properly executed credit agreement that exists in relation to the above account. I may ask for this on demand providing that a fee of £1.00 is paid. This fee was sent with my original letter, dated **DATE**. Upon receipt of the original request the specified account legally entered into disputed status.

My request remains outstanding. An application form does not constitute a true copy of a credit agreement and that which you sent doesn't even contain all the prescribed terms and is not 'properly executed'.

As you will know, under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, a judge is not permitted to make any enforcement order unless the creditor can provide a true signed copy of the original credit agreement. This means that unless you can produce such an agreement, this alleged debt is not enforceable in law.

You had until **12 days DATE** to provide me with the true copy I requested. After that date you entered into default of my request. Whilst the account is in dispute, you are not permitted to ask for any payment, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you. Furthermore, whilst the dispute remains, you are not entitled to charge any interest on the account, nor make any further charges to the account. Additionally, you are not entitled to register any information on this account with any credit reference agencies (or any third party).

To register information with a credit reference agency, you must have written consent from the data subject to collate and share such information. This consent is given in the form of a signed credit agreement, so until you produce such an agreement, you may not do this.

The requirement for consent to share data is a clear requirement of the Data Protection Act 1998. Any such attempts to share my data without my consent will be met with a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office.

The time limits, which are laid down in the Consumer Credit (Prescribed Periods for Giving Information) Regulations 1983 are clear. You must supply an executed credit agreement within 12 working days of a proper CCA request. If you fail to comply with a legitimate request the account enters a default situation and if you fail to comply after a further 30 days you commit an offence. You entered into a default on **12 Days DATE** and will commit a criminal offence on **MONTH DATE** is the requested document is not supplied.

You therefore have until **30 days date** to contact me with your intentions to resolve this matter which is now a formal complaint, otherwise your conduct will be reported to the Office of Fair Trading, the Financial Ombudsman and Trading Standards. Any investigation undertaken by them may affect your ability to hold a consumer credit license in the future.

Take further note that continued telephone calls after the receipt of a request not to call may constitute a criminal offence under Section 127 of the Communications Act 2003.

Communicate in writing and ONLY in writing, your telephone calls will NOT be answered.

To sum up, I will not be making any further payments to you until you provide me with the document I have requested. Should you not have any signed credit agreement in relation to this alleged debt, please confirm this in writing to me.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

you are going off tangent here = stick to the main proven path, the content if read would mean to a lot of people who even have the time to read as a person with very little knowledge, = use the letters supplied for each and every issue but not mumble jumbled all in one, if I was a clerk I would take one look and say , file 13 this one

Comment

thank you for the replies [MENTION=61310]diana[/MENTION]_M and @MIKE770

My apologies if I have used a template that might be outdated. What I really wanted to ask is, in his case as listed in this thread, could the DCA now sell his debt on to another DCA so that the original poster then again faces the same issue further down the road but from another DCA?
      Last edited by julies; 22nd December 2017, 15:21:PM.

Comment

This is the problem with Law and the Internet, one changes the other doesn't.

If the current owner can't prove a debt and sell it on, it makes it less likely anyone else could.

Comment

Good afternoon to you. Hope you’re all well? Firstly I’d like to thank each and everyone for your help that you gave me before. I haven’t been active on this current post I created as I didn’t hear anything from Lowell Portfolio or Cohen Cramer, since sending off my documents back in October 2017. I recieved a letter ealier this morning, dated 9th of May 2018. The letter states that I have 30 days and that Lowell would rather come to an agreement instead of proceed with court. I have been sent three pieces of paperwork which I will attach, so please see photos.

They sent a detailed summary of transactions letter.
          A black printout of some sort being sold to very I think.
          And a credit agreement. Now I don’t know if this credit agreement has been reprinted as it’s definitely not signed by me. There’s a signature on the other side, but that seems to be from the company itself, as that’s definitely not me.

It also seems they haven’t provided all the documents I requested and I should of recieved them within 12 days plus 2 if I’m right in saying. They sent me some documents literally 6 months later. Can I please have some advice on my next steps and where I literally stand as this has me a little worried on what to do.

I marked out all the areas that normally have to be covered up. Please find attached all the documents I recieved today. Sorry about some of the pictures being separated, as it wouldn’t let me upload them.

I thank you all in advanced for your help help and what you recommend I do next.

Daniel
          Attached Files

Comment

Had to separate images as could only upload 6 at a time. The rest of the images are from the credit agreement which I have not signed and the signature seems to be from a employee who has signed it.

Originally posted by Dubbers View Post
            Good afternoon to you. Hope you’re all well? Firstly I’d like to thank each and everyone for your help that you gave me before. I haven’t been active on this current post I created as I didn’t hear anything from Lowell Portfolio or Cohen Cramer, since sending off my documents back in October 2017. I recieved a letter ealier this morning, dated 9th of May 2018. The letter states that I have 30 days and that Lowell would rather come to an agreement instead of proceed with court. I have been sent three pieces of paperwork which I will attach, so please see photos.

And a credit agreement. Now I don’t know if this credit agreement has been reprinted as it’s definitely not signed by me. There’s a signature on the other side, but that seems to be from the company itself, as that’s definitely not me.

It also seems they haven’t provided all the documents I requested and I should of recieved them within 12 days plus 2 if I’m right in saying. They sent me some documents literally 6 months later. Can I please have some advice on my next steps and where I literally stand as this has me a little worried on what to do.

I marked out all the areas that normally have to be covered up. Please find attached all the documents I recieved today. Sorry about some of the pictures being separated, as it wouldn’t let me upload them.

I thank you all in advanced for your help help and what you recommend I do next.

Daniel
            Attached Files

Comment

Last two images from credit agreement. As mentioned above I had to crop pictures to fit on here. I forgot the second part of summerary of transactions, so that’s also attached here.

Could you please advice me on what my next steps would be now please, thank you so much.

Daniel
              Attached Files

Comment

Do YOU know if it was Isme, Very, Littlewoods etc ? They don't seem to. ( Reading through it all now )
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

This letter http://legalbeagles.info/forums/file...tch?id=1181937 says " Shop Direct - Very - Littlewoods - Additions "
                  This is VERY - http://legalbeagles.info/forums/file...tch?id=1404249
                  This is ISME account TRANSFERRED TO VERY http://legalbeagles.info/forums/file...tch?id=1404250 ( which says original account was ISME ? )
                  This is normal Shop Direct agreement which doesn't specify http://
                  legalbeagles.info/forums/filedata/fetch?id=1404251
                  This is same http://legalbeagles.info/forums/file...tch?id=1404252
                  This is ISME - http://legalbeagles.info/forums/file...tch?id=1404264
                  and the rest don't specify

Oh bugger you left your details on some of those so I'll just moderate and redact for you a bit later. I'm just making notes really so feel free to completely ignore me for now... just going to mod your attachments for your security then redact, then put back up... lol

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi, this would be for the isme account I had as I remember the amount being roughly that amount. But I’m not if they are fully sure, like you say. I hadn’t heard anything for 6 months since I sent of all the documents I was advised to send of by yourself and everyone else. I’m just not sure where I stand now. Wasn’t they supposed to reply within the 12 days plus 2 period? The credit agreement definitely isn’t my signature so I’m not sure what my next step would be.

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    Do YOU know if it was Isme, Very, Littlewoods etc ? They don't seem to. ( Reading through it all now )

Comment

Thank you, I thought I deleted most parts, so please modify anything you need to, thank you.

This letter http://legalbeagles.info/forums/file...tch?id=1181937 says " Shop Direct - Very - Littlewoods - Additions "
                      This is VERY - http://legalbeagles.info/forums/file...tch?id=1404249
                      This is ISME account TRANSFERRED TO VERY http://legalbeagles.info/forums/file...tch?id=1404250 ( which says original account was ISME ? )
                      This is normal Shop Direct agreement which doesn't specify http://
                      legalbeagles.info/forums/filedata/fetch?id=1404251
                      This is same http://legalbeagles.info/forums/file...tch?id=1404252
                      This is ISME - http://legalbeagles.info/forums/file...tch?id=1404264
                      and the rest don't specify

Oh bugger you left your details on some of those so I'll just moderate and redact for you a bit later. I'm just making notes really so feel free to completely ignore me for now... just going to mod your attachments for your security then redact, then put back up... lol

Comment

I'll get it all back up first thing xxx
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Redacted

Attached Files
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Okay. Now I've had chance to have a good look through everything does look in order. Shop Direct do seem to be getting their house in order. There are issues, but not anything that can't be sorted easily and there doesn't seem to be a dispute over the actual debt at all, only the documents?

As they haven't brought court action as yet you will have a decent opportunity to sort out a full and final settlement, either one off or by installments to avoid a court claim and potentially a CCJ ( and you're more likely to get a discount at this stage than waiting - If you can do a F&F you could start at 50% and probably expect to settle at around 70%. ) I think you mentioned early on in your thread that you were putting something aside to try and settle this if it came to it ( if you're anything like me you gave up bothering with that, but if you did, it could be useful now )

It was an online application agreement in 2013 which is why it doesn't have your signature - it was a tick box - so the signature will likely be shop directs for executing? ISME became VERY and they are both shop direct, the screenprint shows it was changed into VERY in 2015.

The 12 + 2 days is for compliance with a CCA request ( with £1 ) and missing the deadline ONLY means they can't enforce while the request is outstanding. In the 'olden days' it was a Criminal Offence but that changed back in 2006. So really they can take as long as the like, just couldn't get judgment until they respond.

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you for all your help and support, I really appreciate it and I’m forever grateful for your help and to everyone else that has kindly tried to help too, thank you all.

Regarding this current debt, which I don’t deny. At the time I was working, everything was going well and then out of the blue, I was made redundant and everything just fell apart. Now I’m willing to pay this debt.

What are all of my current options please? Or is just a case of making a final settlement payment to avoid any court action? If I make a final settlement payment in whole or with installments, is there a chance that my other debts with shop direct could possibly show up as I also have other accounts, 3 more in total, plus 2 credit cards.

This current debt is the smallest amount, but I would just like to make a final offer in settlement if this is the best option?

Would you be able to send me or attach a template on how to make this offer for a offer of final settlement payment please, as I have no clue how to do this. Is there anything else I need to do?

I haven’t been receiving any debt letters from other companies for a good few months apart for one. What would you recommend I do with the other ones or is it a case of just ignoring them unless they threaten some sort of action?

Thank you for your time and I wish you a wonderful weekend.

Okay. Now I've had chance to have a good look through everything does look in order. Shop Direct do seem to be getting their house in order. There are issues, but not anything that can't be sorted easily and there doesn't seem to be a dispute over the actual debt at all, only the documents?

As they haven't brought court action as yet you will have a decent opportunity to sort out a full and final settlement, either one off or by installments to avoid a court claim and potentially a CCJ ( and you're more likely to get a discount at this stage than waiting - If you can do a F&F you could start at 50% and probably expect to settle at around 70%. ) I think you mentioned early on in your thread that you were putting something aside to try and settle this if it came to it ( if you're anything like me you gave up bothering with that, but if you did, it could be useful now )

It was an online application agreement in 2013 which is why it doesn't have your signature - it was a tick box - so the signature will likely be shop directs for executing? ISME became VERY and they are both shop direct, the screenprint shows it was changed into VERY in 2015.

The 12 + 2 days is for compliance with a CCA request ( with £1 ) and missing the deadline ONLY means they can't enforce while the request is outstanding. In the 'olden days' it was a Criminal Offence but that changed back in 2006. So really they can take as long as the like, just couldn't get judgment until they respond.

Comment

Thank you for all your help and support, I really appreciate it and I’m forever grateful for your help and to everyone else that has kindly tried to help too, thank you all.

Regarding this current debt, which I don’t deny. At the time I was working, everything was going well and then out of the blue, I was made redundant and everything just fell apart. Now I’m willing to pay this debt.

What are all of my current options please? Or is just a case of making a final settlement payment to avoid any court action? If I make a final settlement payment in whole or with installments, is there a chance that my other debts with shop direct could possibly show up as I also have other accounts, 3 more in total, plus 2 credit cards.

This current debt is the smallest amount, but I would just like to make a final offer in settlement if this is the best option?

Would you be able to send me or attach a template on how to make this offer for a offer of final settlement payment please, as I have no clue how to do this. Is there anything else I need to do?

I haven’t been receiving any debt letters from other companies for a good few months apart for one. What would you recommend I do with the other ones or is it a case of just ignoring them unless they threaten some sort of action?

Thank you for your time and I wish you a wonderful weekend.

No worries at all, and trust me there is absolutely no need for an explanation about the debt, been there, as have most of us on here at one point or another.

The other Shop Direct accounts could have been sold on to the same company, or a different one, it really depends on age, but expect things to poke their heads up when you're coming up to 6 years as they scurry to try get in before it becomes time barred. Same process, they need to evidence the debt and that they have the right to collect it - anything opened after 2007 really is likely to come back fine ( though I am continually suprised how many still don't !)

Let's get this one sorted out first, then it could be worth you getting an appt at Stepchange or with CAB to go through your Income and Expenditure, look at the debts and your overall circumstances and see what options there are. With aging debts there is always settlement possibilities, if things are quite recent you could just make an offer via the letter of claim stage before court action, or you could try get them all on installments now so they just chug away in the background.... entirely up to you and I'm seriously no debt adviser - leave that to the professionals. Worth an appt to go through worse case scenario stuff anyway and see what options you have.

Right so settlement on this one, you could speak to them - if you feel up for it... you can say to the claimant that now you have received the documents you want to discuss about getting this debt sorted and settled and go from there - it is likely to be a minimum of 70% but doesn't hurt to start at 50%... but ask them if they have a settlement figure in mind first - sometimes they suprise you. You'll get a bigger discount if it's a one off lump sum than installments but sometimes they will still discount if installments are over a sensible period. Its normally over and done with quicker on phone but remember you want them to send you confirmation of the agreement in writing before making payment. But don't over stretch yourself, if they took it to court and got a CCJ, then they would get what is deemed affordable for you based on your circumstances, so really offering to settle now, even at a discount, is more 'lucrative' for them. I haven't spoken with Lucas Credit before so I'm afraid I have no idea how nice or mean they are, but have to say most companies I have spoken with to sort settlements with have been lovely. ( robinson way wasn't very nice mind, but I was being a bit awkward and he was just trying to do his job )

If you really don't feel like calling them, then we can put a letter together, and it'll be a bit of table tennis letters for a while till you get agreement. We'll have to look at your circs a bit more, and you might actually be better off asking CAB for guidance with it as they will have the full picture.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X