• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter of Claim - lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter of Claim - lowell

Hi guys, i would appreciate it if anyone could give some advise on my situation. I have received a letter of claim from lowell of £660 for an old vodafone account from 2011.At that time i had lost my debit card and someone had done identity fraud using my details and taken out multiple phone contracts under my name. i had reported this to the police and had contacted all the mobile phone providers who had cancelled the contracts apart from vodafone who did not agree. Eventually they had passed the debt over to lowell ( or moorcroft, cant remember but its been transferred a lot). After calling and sending letters constantly i panicked and agreed to pay them £1 a month in late 2011/start of 2012. In total i have paid £9 towards the debt however i cant remember the exact dates so i don't know if 6 years have passed. i received a letter of claim on the 21/01/18 and on the letter it says that the debt was assigned to their client on march 2014. it shows a statement of account from 2014 to 2018 which states i have made payments of £9, however those were not made during those dates. I have received a reply form and an information sheet with the letter . i would really appreciate it if someone can help me with this because i don't want to end up paying a debt that i don't owe and i don't want it to end up going to court. thank you
    Tags: None

If you knew that it was fraud you shouldn't have paid anyone a penny, a judge is going to wonder why a victim of fraud would pay for it.

Have you got the crime reference number of the report you made to the police?

What reason did Vodafone give to disagree that this account was fraudulent?
    COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by jaguarsuk View Post
      If you knew that it was fraud you shouldn't have paid anyone a penny, a judge is going to wonder why a victim of fraud would pay for it.

Have you got the crime reference number of the report you made to the police?

What reason did Vodafone give to disagree that this account was fraudulent?
      i know i shouldn't i have but the at the time i was young was bombarded with phone calls and letters so i just agreed to pay. i don't have the crime reference number anymore it was 7 years ago. i cant exactly remember the reason but i was told that i was still liable for it.

Comment

You could contact the Police force you reported it to and obtain the crime reference number, it could be useful later.

Perhaps Lee Vodafone Company Rep may be able to shed a little more light for you on the reasoning behind their decision?

A Subject Access Letter to Vodafone may throw up information too.
        COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by citrine View Post
          if anyone could give some advise on my situation. I have received a letter of claim from lowell of £660 for an old vodafone account from 2011.At that time i had lost my debit card and someone had done identity fraud using my details and taken out multiple phone contracts under my name. i had reported this to the police and had contacted all the mobile phone providers who had cancelled the contracts apart from vodafone who did not agree.

. . . . I have received a reply form and an information sheet with the letter . i would really appreciate it if someone can help me with this

You've received a Letter Before Claim from Lowell Solicitors so this needs to be dealt with first and foremost in order to prevent a claim being issued against you.

You have 30 days from the date on the LBC (Lowell should state the deadline in the LBC).

If you believe you have a dispute in relation to this account then you have the option to tick Box D and ask them to produce various documents.

I wouldn't worry about the fact you made some £1 monthly payments under pressure (bullying!) from the collections team or a DCA when you were young and perhaps vulnerable. A DJ is there to judge facts not make assumptions. If this goes to court you will have the opportunity to file a Witness Statement where you can tell your side of the story.

Respond to the LBC in whatever way feels right for you.

Here's an explanation about Letters Before Claim which is written in Plain English so you can see the options available to you > https://debtcamel.co.uk/letter-before-claim-ccj/

Di

Comment

Hi Citrine,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

I can appreciate your concern following the recent contact you've received regarding this matter,

So I can access the account in question to see what's happened previously, please email me with the relevant details via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "Legal Beagles".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check that I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media

I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
            X