• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.

Help with dealing with Robinson Way ref a CCJ

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help with dealing with Robinson Way ref a CCJ

    At the beginning of a CCJ was sort by 'Howard Choen & Co.Solicitors' on behalf of 'Robinson Way/HPH2 LTD' for an old Barclay car debt, they won the CCJ.
    In April Choen sent a letter demanding payment or they would apply for 'attachment of earnings' I replied with a breakdown of my finances and offer of payment, I did not hear anything back and they went ahead and applied. The court asked for a for a breakdown of my finances I did this and returned it, I have heard nothing back from the courts since May.
    I then received a letter from 'Robinson way' on 30/06 saying they have now 'transferred this case from our legal process so we can deal going forward' asking again for finances breakdown and also if saying I had made a previous offer of 1.00 and can I confirm this, I had not made that previous offer (the offer on the court papers was for 10.00 per month the debt is for over 3'000).
    I replied to their letter via email, had confirmation they got email and would respond but heard nothing else. I then received another letter dated 22/07 saying the same sort of thing and that I had not replied to the previous letter, again I replied via email and also this time I sent a copy via recorded delivery.
    I have now received a letter back and the letter does not make much sense , they are saying my household expenses are above national average and its been brought to their attention that I am not upto date with my priority debts and is the 10 amonth an offer for BOTH accounts.

    I can provide copies of the letters if need be, would like some help on where I go from here , it all seems to be getting a bit silly now.

    thank you tracy
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Re: Help with dealing with Robinson Way ref a CCJ

    Hi supertracy

    Was the monthly 10 payment arranged by the court?
    If so, has your circumstances re household income or expenditure changed since then?

    This is only my opinion - "
    Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

    You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

    There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

    "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick


    • #3
      Re: Help with dealing with Robinson Way ref a CCJ

      No there is no monthly payment arranged with the court, the last time I heard from them was back in May when I had to fill out form to do with the attachment of earnings ref my finances and send it back to them which I did. The 10 a month is what I have offered Robinson way. There has been no change in my expenditure ,sometimes the house hold income can be lower.


      • #4
        Re: Help with dealing with Robinson Way ref a CCJ

        Do Hoist or RW have more than one account of yours? In my experience RW are often not the sharpest , maybe they import their workforce from the other side of the Pennines (RW are based in Salford Quays or used to be)
        Any advice or opinions I offer are based on my experience dealing with personal debt as well as other life events.
        I have no formal legal training
        Any advice is offered without liability
        If in doubt take professional legal advice or contact the CAB





        Pre-Action Letters
        First Steps
        Check dates
        Acknowledge Claim
        CCA Request
        CPR 31.14 Request
        Subject Access Request Letter
        Example Defence
        Set Aside Application
        Witness Statements

        If you received a court claim and would like some help and support dealing with it, please read the first steps and make a new thread in the forum with as much information as you can.

        NOTE: If you receive a court claim note these dates in your calendar ...
        Acknowledge Claim - within 14 days from Service

        Defend Claim - within 28 days from Service (IF you acknowledged in time)

        If you fail to Acknowledge the claim you may have a default judgment awarded against you, likewise, if you fail to enter your defence within 28 days from Service.

        We now feature a number of specialist consumer credit debt solicitors on our sister site, JustBeagle.com
        If your case is over 10,000 or particularly complex it may be worth a chat with a solicitor, often they will be able to help on a fixed fee or CFA (no win, no fee) basis.
        See more
        See less

        upgrade to vip

        Want exclusive access to forums, more privacy and a live chat box? Upgrade to become a bigger part of our community.

        only £15/yr

        Offers available. No subscription traps.

        sign up now

        Resolver is a free automated complaints system that can help with all kinds of consumer complaints - including missold PPI and Package Bank Accounts.

        make a complaint

        Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

        Find a Law Firm